Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Question about local files on my phone

Solved!

Question about local files on my phone

All,

I just signed back up with premium spotify again, coming from Google All Access.  I'm a little confused with not being able to find/see/play the local mp3 files that is on my phone.  I searched online and see that I need to use the desktop app to sync the music that is on my computer to my phone. 

So that means I need to delete ALL the music that is currently on my phone.  Then use the desktop app to 'resync' the music that is on my computer to my phone??

Is that how it works?? The Spotify Android app can't see the music that is on my current phone??  If so, that sucks!  Or I can use another music play ie PowerAmp or Google Music to play my local music?  Spotify can't be an all in one solution?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

That is correct, you need to sync the content from the desktop client as Spotify will add it into it's application cache with the rest of it's offline content.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

That is correct, you need to sync the content from the desktop client as Spotify will add it into it's application cache with the rest of it's offline content.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Another thing I will add: You can use Poweramp or whatever to play the local files that Spotify syncs -- just need to add the Users subdirectory to your directory list. Spotify creates its own file names for MP3 files, but Poweramp recognizes them. Point is, you don't have to have two copies of same songs.

Baroninkjet,

Thanks for that info.  I did not know Poweramp can read Spotify offline music also.  Just to confirm, I need to sync my local music on my computer to my android phone via Spotify desktop app.  Poweramp can read those music also.

Now, can Poweramp also read the offline/downloaded music from Spotify?(not my local music, but online music for offline) if that makes sense?

Suggested posts