Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queueing From Within a Filtered Playlist Changes Song list

Queueing From Within a Filtered Playlist Changes Song list

The problem hapens in the following order:

- Start playing from within a playlist

- Filter within the playlist (such as typing an artist name)

- Queue a song from within the filtered list

Now, after the song is done, instead of playing from the full list of songs in the playlist, it only plays from within the filtered sub-list

I have a Sony Xperia Z5, running Androidd 5.1.1 (although I just upgraded to 6.0)

I have a premium spotify account.

The spotify version is 4.8.0.1004.

6 Replies

Just delete the filtered text (the artist's name), and all the songs in the playlists will reappear.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry if I wasn't clear - the problem is that the songs that are "up next" after I queue a song from the filtered list are only ones that appeared in the filtered list, not the full playlist. Is that a bit clearer?

That's just the way Spotify works. 🙂

What I do is, search for what I'm looking for through the filter, queue the track(s), and then clear the filter so the playlist goes back to normal.

osorniosSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I also thought the bug is triggered when using "Add to Queue" (from filter), but it seems the Queue is already messed up when using the filter field (before choosing "Add to Queue" from the menu).

Please check out this bug report (see link below) and click on the "ME TOO" link of that page (located at the "x people experienced this problem" text) to raise this bug's priority.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Searching-a-song-in-the-filter-messes-the-whole-queue/m-p/1...

Boon

I'm having this issue when using Spotify on my PC. I think it is a new issue as I haven;t noticed it before last week. 

I filter my playlist

queue or select a song from the filtered list

remove the filter

the playlist is now just the songs that showed up in my filter and the only way to go back to my full playlist is to select a song from it.

Hey @frank55,

Thanks for the post.

We tried filtering a playlist with a random word, queued a song, after that removed the filter, but the list went back to normal.

Can you attach a video recording of the issue you're experiencing, so that we know exactly what you mean and in turn, offer more help.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts