[REQUEST] Previous version of the client (APK)

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: [REQUEST] Previous version of the client (APK)

user-removed
Not applicable

This worked like a charm. Thank you and bye!

Now I use the new app with awesome look, but I can now keep all content from Spotify in my 32 GB micro-sd card. So if you need this option, download old app, remove new one. Set a path to memory card and then update app via Market to new one!

neo-x
Community Legend
Dropbox seems to have had a mishap since all my files from the dropbox folders are missing. I had 5 different versions of Spotify apk's there... ugh... think I'll search'em again...

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

neo-x
Community Legend
You deleted SpotifyAndroid.apk and 3 more files. 7/9/2012 10:51 PM
You deleted 0.4.12.180 and 3 more folders. 7/9/2012 10:51 PM
You deleted the file 41200180.apk. 6/15/2012 6:54 PM

Nice, even tho I haven't. Gonna contact Dropbox for this issue.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

1 person liked this

neo-x
Community Legend

vh
Music Fan

Hi everyone. Has any of you had any success in having any of the old versions working on an ICS version of android AND been able to use external sd_card?

Zurga

Samsung Galaxy SII 

Android Ice Cream Sandwich

neo-x
Community Legend
Well according to hpguru's post - yes. I haven't had a chance to try myself yet. I'v been using the old version since it has the car dock landscape option.
I could try it myself when I get home tho.

vh
Music Fan

But hpguru does not state which of the old versions he installed. :smileysad:

Solution! 2 people liked this

user-removed
Not applicable

This version https://rapidshare.com/files/2999426550/SpotifyAndroid.apk

Some Android phones have both internal storage and an SD card slot. In order for Spotify to use the SD card for storage of offline playlists, you will need to manually specify which folder you want it to use. Please keep in mind that your offline playlists will need to be re-synced after doing this:

1. Download this apk file.
  2. Enable third part apps in Settings.
  3. Install this apk file.
  4. While at the login screen, press the hardware Menu key and select SD Location.
  5. Enter the path to a folder on the SD card.

Finding the exact path to your SD card can be done with a file manager and can differ between phones.

On the Samsung Galaxy S, for example, you should use:

/mnt/sdcard/external_sd

Spotify will then store tracks in this folder:

/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android/Data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Go to Market and update Spotify to new without removing old version. Now you can delete Spotify's Storage in Cache from your phone's built-in memory card. You can find it with file manager, just search it from built-in memory card in Android - Data - Spotify - Cache - Storage folder. The new Storage folder is now in external Micro SD card, so you can delete this old Storage folder if still in built-in memory card.

All done!

neo-x
Community Legend
Thats the version I have listed ... 0.4.12.153. The better version is the 0.4.12.180

neo-x
Community Legend

Upgraded the archive to hold the current version aswell.

SUGGESTED POSTS