Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio - Liked from Radio playlist duplicate songs

Radio - Liked from Radio playlist duplicate songs

So I have been using the Spotify Radio functionality for the past few days, and have discovered a really frustrating bug.

The root cause is that the songs that are being played, some of the songs lose my rating, coincidentally asking me to "Like" or "Dislike" once again. When I like the song, it is added straight to "Liked from Radio" playlist without checking if

a) the song has already been liked before

and b) that the song does not already exist in the playlist.

Coincidentally, I now have 3+ copies of some songs sitting in this duplicate playlist on android, which makes it hard to identify and remove duplicates as well.

Quite a frustrating bug tbh. As Spotify Radio has so much potential.

4 Replies

Can you try a clean install? The guide below details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders, removing offline devices and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

If the bug is still present afterwards it may need raising here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/Spotify_Bugs

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm also experiencing the duplicates problem in the "Liked from Radio" playlist.

I just tried a fresh client install on my Windows 10 Desktop (v1.0.64.403.gb738707f - Windows Store version).

@Daniel wrote:

If the bug is still present afterwards it may need raising here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/idb-p/Spotify_Bugs

That url gives me a "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action." error.

PS: please note that I checked and it's the SAME song (identical song link), not two different versions of the same song.

Apologies, I just realized this is the wrong place. Will re-post in the appropriate forum.

I'm having the same issue, which persists across devices. For example, if I like a song from the radio on my Mac and then it comes on a radio station on my iPhone and I like it (again), it will appear twice in the 'Liked from Radio' playlist. It will also not show as already 'liked' on either device. Besides proving that I /really/ like the song, it seems like a bug.

Suggested posts