Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio Stations stop after 15-20 songs

Radio Stations stop after 15-20 songs

Radio Stations just stop playing after a certain amount of songs have played / been skipped. I haven't measured exactly how many songs, but it feels like 15 to 20 songs maybe. It's as if the radio stations became a playlist instead of an actual radio station.

I would expect radio stations to play songs indefinitely, like they used to before, instead of just stopping. This has been happening for the last couple of months I would say.

Normally, this wouldn't be too much of a big deal, but since it's on Android, and I listen to music in my car while I'm on the road, when the music stops, I either have to stop on the side of the road to change stations and go back to the station I was listening to, or do it while driving and risk killing someone or myself. This IS a big deal.

Spotify, please fix this. I cancelled my premium account because of how much of how annoying it is.

5 Replies

I've been having a similar issue, but only for the past several days. I put on an artist radio station, but it only plays the initial songs now instead of playing more songs as I listen. It's getting super annoying.

What device are you on? Could it be affected by this: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PSA-Samsung-users-please-read/td-p/1334731

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I thought that might be it, but I don't even have the battery saver mode on. I am on a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge though.

I'm using a Nexus 6, but no, it is not affected by battery saver. I specifically turned it off for Spotify.

Well, this didn't get any attention from the Spotify team... so I'll ask a different question then: Anyone know how to report bugs to Spotify directly? Any form of contact would be appreciated.

Suggested posts