Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio error

Radio error

A few days ago the radio started malfuctioning. I either get the endless spinning circle or a message that says "Sorry, this radio station could not be started". This occurs when:

- Trying to start a station based on a playlist

- Disliking a song (liking is fine)

- Starting a station based on a little known artist

Please note that the above actions did not cause an error until a few days ago. The error occurs on both WiFi and 3G. I have not installed any new apps since before this error started ocurring. Updating Spotify did not resolve the error. Radio works fine on desktop.

I have a Droid X on Verizon with Android version 2.3.3

7 Replies

I've recently started having this same issue. Sometimes I can get a station to load and play 1 or 2 songs, but then it just stops and the radio screen is blank. I can play downloaded playlists with no issues, but any streaming or radio function stops working or just doesn't load at all. I haven't changed any apps recently, and it happens on wifi, 3G and 4G.

I'm on a Droid Razr Maxx Android version 4.1.2

I am also having a similar issue, it started last week. I have the same error but when I 'like' a song. It is also not just on one device, but both my Android tablet AND Phone.

Andriod tablet: version 4.1.1

Android Galaxy S3: version 4.1.2

At the moment it seems I may have solved the issue......It worked on BOTH of my devices I was having an issue with.

Go to your apps Manager, pull up Spotify and delete your cache, resart the phone. I didn't loose any of my playlists or downloaded songs as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, the suggested solution didn't work for me.

Anyone else know what's going on with the Radio function?  Everytime I select Radio, it just has a blank screen with green spinny wheel and nothing happens.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Just noticed this thread is from 2013!  Anyway, looks like this issue has arisen 2 years later!  Ha!

@HatfieldScarlet wrote:

Sorry, the suggested solution didn't work for me.

Anyone else know what's going on with the Radio function?  Everytime I select Radio, it just has a blank screen with green spinny wheel and nothing happens.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hmm, interesting that uninstalling and reinstalling seems to be the first port of call, when it's a massive pain in the butt to resync music.

I found the issue after a while, one of the updates had unpinned recent stations and there's no placeholder when it's blank (odd). Fired a few stations from artist pages and they seem to have stuck on the Radio page. For now.

Suggested posts