Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Radio not advancing to next song

Radio not advancing to next song

When I listen to spotify radio on my phone, spotify will play one song then stop. the play bar is advancing but there is no sound. If i press pause, then play, the play bar goes back to the beginning of the song and the sound comes back. This needs to be done every 1 or 2 songs.

Playlists play as they should, only radio is effected.

Account: premium

Phone: this happened on both my Samsung Note 2, and my old HTC EVO 4G

Service: Sprint

I like the radio feature but this problem makes it impossible to drive at the same time as I am listening.

4 Replies

Hi,  I have the same problem.   I have HTC Evo 4G LTE, HP Touchpad with CM9 and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, all android ICS and they all behave the same way.   One thing to be noted though, the Adroid App did advance to the next song and the playback bar did indicate playback but no sound was output to the device.   I also had to press stop and then play once more to get it going.   Without human interactions, the app would finish a song without sound and then advance to the next song without sound as well untill I pressed the stop and the play once more.   This is unacceptable.  This needs to be resolved because I used the radio a lot to explore new songs to download.   If the radio is not working, I will have to cancel my premium subscription soon.  I hope someone address this soon.

@daviddannicker wrote:

When I listen to spotify radio on my phone, spotify will play one song then stop. the play bar is advancing but there is no sound. If i press pause, then play, the play bar goes back to the beginning of the song and the sound comes back. This needs to be done every 1 or 2 songs.

Playlists play as they should, only radio is effected.

Account: premium

Phone: this happened on both my Samsung Note 2, and my old HTC EVO 4G

Service: Sprint

I like the radio feature but this problem makes it impossible to drive at the same time as I am listening.

This sort of happens to me as well, and I have not yet seen a fix.

You could try and uninstall and reinstall the app though - I rarely use the radio feature, so it isn't really an issue for me 🙂

Liam

HI,

I've started having this problem a few days ago.

When listening to spotify radio on my tablet, spotify plays one song and then stops. However, the play bar is advancing but there is no sound at all.

If I press pause and then play again, the sound comes back. This needs to be done all the time which is very annoying.

I'm using last upgrade of Spotify  which I installed the (03-12-2012)

My device: Fnac Tablet 7 (BQ Maxwell Plus)
Device’s Operating System: 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich

Account: Premium

Hi,

Solved: wifi-> advanced settings-> dont pause wifi while suspended

Suggested posts