Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random Logouts and Unable to Detect music files from SD card

Random Logouts and Unable to Detect music files from SD card

Hey I would really appreciate it if someone could help with this issue.

Just recently bought a new Galaxy S8 and decided to give spotify permium service a shot.  I have tried to download playlists to listen offline in order to conserve data charges but spotify keeps logging me out every so often. Whats worse, once i log back into my account it won't recognize the downloaded songs on my SD card but i can clearly see my SD space being used. I use a 32gb SanDisk Micro SD as storage. I have cleared the cache and re-downloaded my songs numerous times only for the same issue to keep repeating itself. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app a bunch of times and it didn't help. Even formatted the SD card 3x to make sure, but the problem still persists. Is this a hardware issue or software bug? If the latter please fix this immediately, its completely vexing and highly degrades spotify's appeal. Thank you for your time.

2 Replies

Hey @Flex3!

Thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community. We'd like to help. 

Can you let us know the Android and Spotify version you're rocking? Also, did this start happening after a recent update? 

In the meantime, please try these steps: 

1. Delete the app on your device.
  2. Remove the SD card. 
  3. Install the app again. Here's how
  4. Save your offline tracks again. 

If that doesn't work, do you have another SD card you could use to test if the issue persists? 

Let us know how it goes or if you have any questions. We'll be here for you. 

Sophia 

Samsung Galaxy S8

Android v 7.0 

Spotify v 8.4.4.810

**As an update to the situation, I have done the following in order:

-Cleared all cache and data 

-Uninstalled the app

-Removed the SD and formatted it in Windows

-Rebooted the android Device

-Reinstalled the app and downloaded the offline music

So far it has seemed to done the trick, and I have been without issue for the past couple of days.

I can't say if its the fault of the recent update since this is the first and only version of spotify i have installed in my device history but  i can only assume so. Unfortunately i do not own another SD card to test your theory. Also I have noticed a minor bug, when I veiw the app details through my system setting it says that it is using my internal storage to save data even tho I have it set to my SD card. It really isn't. I have checked the files on my internal storage and SD card just to make sure, but i thought i should bring it to the attetion of any spotify employee reading.

Suggested posts