Premium

Country

USA

Device

Note 8

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Music is pausing randomly when I lock my phone, bluetooth, headphones, phone speakers, ext. I have to unlock my phone and reopen Spotify. I have reinstalled, reset, logging out, still happening.

15 Replies

I believe this may be caused by other media players being open at the same time. I recently started using a sports app (KAYO SPORTS), and if it's open, it will pause the spotify music randomly.

Same here, this happens after the new version installed. I own Samsung S10+ and went through all the troubleshooting no help. 

No issue with Bluetooth headphone, only with 3.5mm earphone.

Please help.

I do not have any other music playing app. It is only this one.

Was having the same issue yesterday. Today everything works fine again.

Same issue on Samsung s8 (android pie), using spotify version 8.5.18.934.

If the phone is going into "sleep mode" I.e. screen is inactive, the music stops playing. As soon as the screen is active (I.e. I do not need to sign in to the phone or the app, I only need to activate the screen) the music starts playing again.

No other app is being used, I have only updated the spotify app.

My issue was resolved and all I have to do was sign out everywhere and sign back in. 

I am having this problem since update at end of July on my Samsung S10+. It happens with songs that are available offline or online. Sometime after a period of silence, it continues to play.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any battery optimization or cache clearing apps on your devices. 

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd suggest taking a look at the steps provided in this Spotify Answer and this support site article.

Any screenshots or screenrecordings of what's happening would be helpful if you're still having troubles, so we can take a closer look.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Battery saving settings seems to have different impact after the las update. Turned it off and no more issues .. at least today .. 😉

Hey there @Jorrit_NL,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear that everything's working as it should once more!

If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll be... spotify:track:0RgbnHAEagK03KEHy634to

@drago_dariyn@gregejack and @iceabella : If you're still having troubles, could you give it a try and making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any battery optimization or cache clearing apps?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies! 

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The drop-outs are still a problem. Spotify has been exempted from battery optimization, sleeping, etc. It drops out when connected to power, though maybe not as much. Whatever the cause, it cropped up near the end of July and has persisted through Spotify and Samsung S10+ updates.

Is there any solution by now? 

Having the same problem with my s10. 

After the latest Spotify update in Europe. 

Same problems. Online and offline (what's the point of downloading music if it is as erratic as having bad cellphone reception?). Renders the phone app effectively unusable, and as a heavy music consumer I am considering quickly changing to another streaming service until this issue is resolved.

Hi, I did that and still having issues.

This solution needs work. I have had success over several days now. The setting that has been aluded to really needs to point more specifically to the battery setting responsible.

On Samsung S10 (Android 9) the location is...

* Settings

* Apps

* Spotify

* Battery

* Opimize battery usage

* Select "All" (rather than just Apps not opimized)

* Turn off optimization or verify that it is already off for Spotify

Aside from documenting exactly where this setting is, it seems Spotify should be able to check the setting and request permission to change it if necessary?

Suggested posts