Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random devices hijacking my account through spotify conntect, any help?

Random devices hijacking my account through spotify conntect, any help?

Hi, i really need some help trying to disconnect / kick off any 'connected' devices from my spotify account? Every time i log in through my phone, some random device will connect, sometimes it's a PC sometimes it's another phone by the looks of things, they're playing music through my account and i can't see a way to disconnect them?

I'm having to constantly remain logged out of my account otherwise, or when they're connected, play really offensive music so they disconnect. 

Is there a way to see a list of connected devices and 'disconnect' them? It's driving me nuts.

Thanks,

Rich

26 Replies

Not mine. Mine never rooted. 

I log into my account using my Facebook which uses a 512 character randomly generated password AND I have 2-factor authentication on that only gets sent to a single device. This problem doesn't go away from a password change and it's not caused by a compromised account. The fact that there are posts similar to this from 4 years ago is not only disheartening, but insane. This is obviously a security issue and should be treated as such.

Completely agree, just had my session jacked by "burito" playing some **bleep**ty **bleep** music, and every time I changed it back to what I was listening to, they put it back on Bruno Marz.  I almost threw up.    This has got to be either a session issue on their end and truly not a vulnerability just really **bleep**ty code, or there IS some exploit in the wild.  

Yeah, among my deleted playlists I found 'INDONESIAN HACKER 01'. I was in
Bali at the time. Possibly a Wifi hack. Anyway my recommendations are
screwed and Spotify don't appear to have a way to reset them!

My spotify has been stopping and connecting to different users on a daily basis for a couple of months now. Ten minutes after the mostr recent dissconect, i got a instagram direct message from someone who saw my name under the account he was using and informed me that someone else had sold my account to him for a low price and had told him he would be able to use it with no other payments. So basically my account was hacked. I changed my password immediatly and am hoping that will do the trick. 

Hey @CShahba686

Be sure to check this Support article.

The best course of action when something like that happens is to create a new account with a different email address from the one you're using (Tip: don't use the one you use for Facebook). That will give you a different Spotify username.

Once you have this new account, fill out the contact form, and someone from Spotify will be happy to help you migrate your Premium privileges, library, playlists, friends, etc. to this new account.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I believe the problem  is with Facebook, i realize when I login in to a website with FB, after that i start getting random devices connection, random playlists added to my playlists, what i did i found the APP on my profle settings and deleted, and after that everthing fine.

The only problem i had like 182 Login fb programs, so was kind of slow clearing that fb login apps. 

Suggested posts