Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random pausing (Note 5)

Random pausing (Note 5)

I keep having to turn the screen back on and push play again from it pausing a few times per hour....does anyone else have this problem?
The song controls on my bluetooth headphones don't get the song to play again either and I know that's not the problem because it happens with plugged in ear buds too.  (Galaxy note 5)

15 Replies

Try uninstalling and reinstalling. Also, are you using Spotify to a point where your phone gets hot?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Follow me: Google+ | Spotify | Spotify Community

I think I'm having the same problem, but it always happens when I'm driving as this is the only time I use spotify on my phone. It usually happens after at least 2 or 3 songs, it just stops in the middle of a song, doesn't skip to the next song and won't start playing when I press play on my stereo.
I have to either press play/pause, skip to next track, play/pause again on my bluetooth stereo in my car, or get my phone out (while driving - naughty) and press play on the app. 
I've tried playing music from my phone while I'm not driving and not having my phone connected to the stereo and the same thing happens, regardless of whether i'm using 4G, 3G or wifi, or playing an offline playlist, and regardless of whether my phone is connected to the stereo via bluetooth. 

reeeeally getting irritating now as it's been ongoing for at least a month!

also when i finally get the song to play again the song title on my stereo stays the same as the song that it paused on even if like 10 songs have passed..?

rachaelmayte, I believe it is pausing because of a weak connection with your bluetooth. When you remove headphones or earbuds, Spotify is programed to stop music automatically.If your connection to your bluetooth device is unstable it could be disconnecting for a quick second. Make sure you have a strong connection, or just use earbuds. 🙂

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

This happens to me on my galaxy note 5 hooked up to a auxiliary cord to a TV at work every hour or so I have to open up Spotify again and hit play or sometimes it's open or in the notification bar I'm confused

Oh and im sorry ethier wififixer.brilliapps@gmail.com full strength or LTE full strengh

Wow please administration remove that last post spell check or something

Full wifi strength or full LTE

I'm having the same problem too! Spotify on Android keeps pausing every few songs, and its really annoying! (In my case, its a Droid Turbo phone)

If you uses the same account Online on more that one device you could "steal" the session and the music stops.
Make sure that isn´t the case.
Problem can also occur when driving if you are in Online mode and connection lost to 3G/4G etc. due to switching antennas.

Apparently Spotify don't care enough to come on here and help. Or even to confirm that they are aware and are working on it (unlike on iPad /iphone sub-forum where moderators are assisting with this problem).

Two suggestions:

1. Go on Google Play Store and rate the Spotify app (or update your existing review - you can do this). Lots of people doing this, many comments on this crashing problem.

2. Cancel your subscription and go to Apple Music

I'm not using any other session. The songs I'm playing are downloaded to my device, so switching between 3g/4g shouldn't affect me

No it does not affect you.

Ok, well its still happenning. Some more info:

1. I'm playing downloaded songs (I have a premiun subscription)

2. I'm not moving around, I'm also staying in an area with a strong 4G signal.

3. When it happens, Spotify shows the song as Paused. If I try to resume, it starts the song from the beginning, instead of from the middle of track.

@bryanmarty, How much music do you have?

Note 5: ATT: Completely upto date on all software
20 gigs of free space: downloaded 2 Playlist 3yrs or so of music to test.
Randomly stops playing : does it on connected headphones wired : cheap ass jet blue ones, Samsung that came with, JVC noise cancelling, HK In ear noise cancelling. Does it on Bluetooth : cheap ass amazon basic, bose noise cancelling
over ear, HK over ear,LG tone pro.
Does it to downloaded and streaming, does it randomly no time or song specific. Premium account: does it on wifi 48mb down 38mb up gigabit connection. Does it on 2.4 and 5ghz ssid. Does it connected to speakers like an HK portable Bluetooth or the Pill does it on phone playing on speaker right now as I type this. Damnit I've been trying to use music match to see lyrics for the 4th time.
This is recent like 2 weeks at first it was sporadic now it's daily and becoming hourly. Disc golf yesterday 3 hrs resulted in 15 random stops. I've been premium since launch fix this quickly or I'll just keep Google music and YouTube red which I already have been switching too do to frustration. I rarely post things but this is pissing me off. Also same issue occurs 9n galaxy S6 Edge and edge + never happens on LG Optimus G or HTC M8 HK edition if that helps. Same settings on all down to the launcher and layout of screens. Am I holding it wrong? Please fix.

Sure apple music the same price per month with half the functionality and no weekly Playlist. Don't mention Google music that gives you most of the functionality, close to as good and occasionally better Playlist generation, download able commercial free YouTube vids,access to YouTube red and the entire Google Music suite. Sure jump on over to beginnersville. I'm 90% sure this post is a troll. Real talk however, I still prefer the Spotify environment and it's came along way and it's download Playlist and sharing Playlist functionality is unmatched for us audiophiles. Please fix this pausing issue.

Suggested posts