Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Randomly stops playing

Randomly stops playing

I have a Samsung galaxy s9 and have had spotify for ages. Recently whenever I listen to spotify, the music will randomly stop playing. Sometimes multiple times in a song and sometimes won't happen for a few songs. As soon as the phone is touched/woke up it will resume (without actually having to press play). It does not happen if the ohone is in use (awake). I have tried turning power saving off, restarting my phone and reinstalling the app. Nothing works. Please help, it's super annoying!

4 Replies

Also tried downloading the music and turning the internet off completely and that also doesn't work!

Hey @Taylajoyce,

Thanks for reaching out and trying out several things to fix this! 

I'd recommend you to follow this guide and do a clean reisntall, exactly as described here for maximum effect. 

Then please make sure to check this is done:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  3. Restart the phone.

Keep us posted!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I did only these 2 steps:

• Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
  • Restart the phone.

It´s working properly now.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi folks,

For anyone still experiencing this issue - head over to the Top Answer here.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts