Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: can't share to spotify-user anymore??!!!

Re: can't share to spotify-user anymore??!!!

Hi, my daughter's account was created with her standard email address and I have been able to add her to my friends list using the work round but she does not appear in the list of users when I click share. The list of users in share is only my Facebook friends.

6 Replies

Sorry, I should add that this is on the Android app.

You probably accidentally connected your Facebook account to her Spotify account.

You can disconnect it by following the steps below.

The following is from an unofficial tutorial of How to Disconnect Spotify from Facebook:

Since you have a dedicated Spotify account, disconnecting from Facebook is easy!

In the desktop client:
Windows - Go to Edit > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook.
Mac - Go to Spotify > Preferences > Social Network > Disconnect from Facebook.

Good luck!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Hi, sorry, I am not sure what you are trying to say here.  I have my daughter's Spotify user in my list of friends but she does not appear in the list of people I can share with - only my Facebook friends appear.  Are you saying that if someonehas a Facebook acount but is not my Facebook friend then I can't share with them - and that if they remove the link between their Spotify and Facebook account that I will be able to?  My daughter did not sign up for Spotify with her Facebook account - only her standard email address.

Maybe I read this wrong.

I think you should just follow each other on Spotify.

That way you can share to one another.

This works on desktop clients, but stopped working in the web player and mobile apps a long time ago. That's what this topic is about (I think).

@Anamon

Oh, okay.

And it's about Android.

I personally have never connected to my Facebook account (because I don't have one. :P)

Suggested posts