Recent Android Update

Plan

Free

Country

Canada

Device

LG Stylo 3 Plus

My Question or Issue

So I can't afford Spotify Premium and it sucks that the many people who also cannot afford it can no longer choose what they listen to. We can't even use repeat anymore.

I think that the android version should be reverted. This new update is horrendous.

6 Replies

Hey @HoodedHorror.

Thanks for reaching out 🙂

Sorry to hear you're not enjoying the Free version. The advantage we have over other music streaming services is that Spotify will always be free, even if the Free version has more limited functionality than the Premium version.

Could you tell us when the update happened, as well as which country you are currently in? It's possible that you are part of an AB test.

If you think standard Premium is a bit too pricey, we can recommend the following two deals as an alternative:

1. the Student Discount, which is half the price of standard Premium

2. Premium for Family, which allows up to 6 accounts to join the plan, so it works out pretty cheap when you split the cost.

Let us know if either of those work for you 🙂

All I know is it is the most recent update on all phones, and I am in Canada.

Hi @HoodedHorror,

If any of the issues are related to the ones in this thread, please follow it as we'll be posting updates there 🙂 

Let us know.

My problems have nothing to do with that.

Hey @HoodedHorror.

Could you specify what issues you are experiencing? We'll do our best to help you out 🙂

Alternatively, if you think there's something that Spotify could improve, for example adding a new feature, then you can create a new Idea by going here, scrolling to the bottom and submitting an idea.

Cheers,

P

This is not just limited to free version. I no longer have repeat controls for my music, it has been replaced by a heart. 

Screenshot_20180912-112806_Spotify.jpg

Suggested posts