Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently Played not in 'Your Library' anymore?

Recently Played not in 'Your Library' anymore?

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

So a recent updated changed the UI which makes it more.. annoying to use, because I mainly used the 'Recently Played' in 'Your Library' but it is gone now? It is in Home in a horizontal view and only views maybe half of what I listen.

Can I change this or add it to my 'Your Library'? Because a change like this already makes the app more cumbersome to use in my opinion.

5 Replies

Hey @Vlidgeman, thanks for reaching out!

Spotify has released an update to improve your listening experience. I'd recommend checking out this Spotify Answer for more info on this.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Unfortunately this does not lets me add an easily accesible 'Recently Played' to this list.. only what I have listened within my playlists, which I don't often use as I manually shuffle between albums whatever I feel like listening.

Too bad it is gone now.

I don't like it being on Home and horizontal which doesn't often work properly, the scrolling I mean.

Ah well 😞

At least much obliged for answering my question.

The UI changes are terrible. I can only imagine it is useful if you like spotify telling you exactly what to listen to.

The removal of recently listened in the Your Library, with no option to hide/remove makes no sense. 

The recently played on the home tab is filled even by making one playlist (for example) It doesn't have any use to people who use spotify to discover new music on their own. People who like to be fed already had Discover Weekly.

how can i delete Recently Played ?????????

You cant delete it. Spotify have decided to ignore all the bad feedback and have kept their changes. 

The only way to get around it is to download and old UI. Or close your account. Or cope with a bad UI.

Suggested posts