Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Recently played and artists followed have stopped updating

Recently played and artists followed have stopped updating

Plan

Free

Country

India

Device

Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

This happened today. So on my account, both mobile and desktop, my recently played on my profile have stopped updating since 8 hours. I've played more than 20 songs from my 3 playlists but still no change. Tried logging in and out and checking on web browser. Both android and PC versions are completely up to date too but still my recently played songs and artists aren't updating at all.

Also I've unfollowed a few artists and even my artist followed has stopped updating. Its as if my account has completely disconnected but songs are still playing and i can add and remove them from playlists. Also my private sessions are off and i have enabled share listening activity and i haven't changed any settings manually 

This was working perfectly yesterday as usual. Please look into this

Edit: I've added images to explain better. This is from my recently played songs in my mobile app and my recently played artists on my profile. As you can clearly see they are both out of sync since yesterday and show completely different artists altogether (How is that even possible ?). Since then I've played >10 new artists but it hasn't been updated in either of them

IMG_20210711_133359.jpg
Screenshot_2021-07-11-13-34-12-407_com.spotify.music.jpg
4 Replies

I'm having the same issue. I don't want the algorithm to think I've listened to some specific artists and playlists more than once today and think "Oh, so you're OBSESSED with this artist/playlist even though you barely listen to them".

same

Same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S9 running Android 10. Recently played songs are not updating at all though I made no changes to my settings since yesterday - the last songs on there are from yesterday night. I made sure the app was updated, cleared the cache, even uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no luck. However, recently played songs on my laptop (Macbook Air) are updating just fine.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The folks at our tech team are currently looking into this, so make sure to vote for the Ongoing Issue here, if you haven't already. Make sure to provide us with the info we're asking for in the Status update in the comments. 

Though we can't set an exact time frame for when this will be fixed, it'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. We'll be sure to keep you updated with any news on the matter there.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts