Red web podcast will not play.

Plan

Premium

Country

Us

Device

S20 plus

My Question or Issue

So starting about two weeks ago. The podcast "red web" just won't play. I'll open it and it will sit at 00:00 and never move forward. I've tried it on wifi and data, I've tried a fresh install of Spotify. It just won't work. No other podcast or music is having this issue either. 

3 Replies

Hey there @Ben_Waffle

Welcome to the Community and thanks for getting in touch about this.

You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send us the podcast's Spotify URI? To get it, open the Spotify desktop app > click the three dots next to the content > Share > Copy Spotify URI.

On another note, could you let us know if this is happening only on your phone or on other devices as well?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

After a clean install it worked ONCE on wifi. after that it has not played on my phone (wifi or not) and i cannot download it either. 

I just tried it on the web player and it worked, i tried moving the playing from my web player to my phone and it did not work (though the web player said it was playing) 

If I change my device to anything else the podcast works on wifi. I cannot get it to work on my phone.

https://open.spotify.com/show/7hsgEfAljqdBR6VdTo2Oc8

Hey @Ben_Waffle

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you manage to listen to the podcast on a different device it's possible this issue is related to the particular setup of the original device. In such a case we suggest making sure that your device is up-to-speed with any software updates available.

Another thing you can try is reaching out to Samsung for more info and assistance about this. You can do this here

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts