Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Redesigned the Spotify Android app for fun

Redesigned the Spotify Android app for fun

I started today getting mad at the Spotify android app on my ICS device.  Granted - I'm lucky, mine works, but it's still so poorly designed and frustrating to use, it's missing features and is just plain ugly.

So I redesigned it for fun:

http://squizzi.deviantart.com/art/Spotify-Android-ICS-Redesign-286781447

EDIT: I just realized I put this in the wrong place - I've created a new topic over in the ideas forum, please feel free to merge this or delete it outright, thanks! 🙂

7 Replies

I really hope someone in Spotify has looked at your design they are excellent and a heck of an improvement to the current Android version

Jeremy

This looks outstanding. As an owner of a Galaxy Nexus myself I would very much like to see this design implemented. Not only does the current Spotify Android app have bugs and missing features (nested folders would be nice like in iOS), it is also a pain to use based on its design.

It seems like there is no one reading these forums in Android development, so I feel like your fantastic design will never get noticed.

That looks sweet!  Please don't restrict to ICS... us gingerbread users would be pleased to get a refresh of the app too!!!!

Heck they could simply look at Google Music or Pandora. Heck they could simply look at any other music app and see their layout is CRAZY!

You should be employed by Spotify as a designer. That blown the mind out.

If only Spotify had the same imagination as folks form the ocmmunity. Top stuff!

Suggested posts