Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.5.12.52

What's new in this version:

- New: When you first install the app, Spotify will store your data in the most efficient location on your phone/device.
- New: From within settings, you can clear all temporary data and downloaded tracks stored on your device.
- Fixed: Spotify would occasionally get stuck in Offline mode
- Fixed: The app will no longer crash due to a lack of memory.
- Fixed: Radio won’t crash when loading artists.

Please note: if you were using the Spotify app already and you want to change the location where your playlists are stored, you need to exit the Spotify app, go into your device's Settings, Apps, Spotify, then tap Clear data and Clear cache.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.

Community Ergo Sum
83 Replies

matt92:

On page 7 of this thread, atexit from Spotifiy answered me this (about my concern regarding a device with 3 different memories)  : "On a new install, or after you on purpose have deleted the cache from within the app we should be able to detect your 16 Gb external card.  If not, get in touch with customer support and we'll try to help out..."

(but I don't have a clue how to get in touch with customer support)

@bruman wrote:

matt92:

On page 7 of this thread, atexit from Spotifiy answered me this (about my concern regarding a device with 3 different memories)  : "On a new install, or after you on purpose have deleted the cache from within the app we should be able to detect your 16 Gb external card.  If not, get in touch with customer support and we'll try to help out..."

(but I don't have a clue how to get in touch with customer support)

Try the support form 🙂 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
Try the support form 🙂 

Peter

Ok... I have been looking for this page for ages. I couldn't figure out it was as part of 'about us'. I hate this website 😉

Hi everyone. We just updated the Android app. To see what\s changed and provide fresh feedback, please visit the  Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.6.0.17

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts