Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.6.0.17

Release Notes - Spotify for Android 0.6.0.17

What's new in this version:

New: Now you can filter and sort your playlists and tracks.
Fixed: When returning to your playlist view, you’ll always go back to the same position. 
Fixed: No more crashing when faced with special character$ in usernames.
Fixed: When you next log in, Spotify will remember what you'd been listening to.

Note: If you're having trouble with an update, please always make sure to go through the [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify steps before posting.
Community Ergo Sum
32 Replies

I can't seem to download playlists anymore, nor sync with my desktop.
I've done the checklist with reinstallation etc.

I have a Samsung galaxy S4
It worked fine before this update.
I also recently added a 32GB SD-card but that shouldn't be an issue right?

This app resumes the fine Spotify tradition of breaking things while adding new stuff. For me, it's the widget, that's borked this time. After I stop playbay, it'll go blank after about 10 minutes. No cover art, no songtitle, no nothing. I have to bring up the app at that point to resume playback. Not even the headphone controls work. It's as if I'd removed the app from memory. I'm on a Nexus4 with 4.2.2. 

Do you guys even have some sort of testing or QA department? Wait, of course you have: your paying customers!

Same for me. Very nice release (Thanks devs!), but you forgot the widget.

@Baltech wrote:

This app resumes the fine Spotify tradition of breaking things while adding new stuff. For me, it's the widget, that's borked this time. After I stop playbay, it'll go blank after about 10 minutes. No cover art, no songtitle, no nothing. I have to bring up the app at that point to resume playback. Not even the headphone controls work. It's as if I'd removed the app from memory. I'm on a Nexus4 with 4.2.2. 

Do you guys even have some sort of testing or QA department? Wait, of course you have: your paying customers!

First of all - GREAT to finally see a sorting and filter feature! VERY much appreciated.

A small piece of criticism though: I would prefer it if you could sort by artists as well, and that the playlists stay sorted once you've chosen the way you like them to be. Maybe it would be possible to have an option in settings to choose a preferred way of sorting?

For example: Preferred sorting: By artist A-Z. (All playlists gets sorted this way as a standard)

Then keep the option of sorting the playlists like the feature is now (but adding an option for sorting by artists both A-Z and Z-A), but the changes would only be temporary, and the next time you enter that playlist it would be sorted by artist A-Z again (if that would be your preferred option).

@Baltech: I have been in QA for too many years (not at Spotify). I get tired of people blaming QA for everything.   First, QA doesn't put bugs in code.  Yes they're responsible for finding problems, but developers write code, and code contains bugs.  Developers mistakenly add bugs. QA folks don't add them.

Second, it's not possible for a company to test every situation on every phone on every release.  Ain't gonna happen, not now, and probably not ever. There are too many devices and too many different scenarios to test.

Yes the Spotify apps on ALL platforms have their issues, and it will pobably always be that way. No app that has a lot of features will function perfectly.

Am I excusing Spotify? Heck no, I have plenty of my own gripes with them. But I'm not gonna blame QA.  😉

Hey there.

There is solution for Spottify -- they need to remove all social junk and let us listen only music!!! None of bugs, only app where we can listen music, create playlists and listen radio... Nothing more...

Personally I don't care at all about this when folks are ready to share an song to facebook from toilet with smartphone. I just want to listen my music, nothing more!!!

With this wonderful update it is also not possible anymore to open playlist folders while offline. 😕

Used this to play through all my songs.

@Drey

That still works for me 🙂

@Liamw

Right after when you go offline it works. But after a few minutes the playlist folder gets a loading status and it's unable to open.

The music not always resumes from the last song played. Sometimes, it's an old.

@Drey wrote:
@LiamW

Right after when you go offline it works. But after a few minutes the playlist folder gets a loading status and it's unable to open.

I can confirm that I also get this behaviour.

😞

Same here,

what a let down. When adding features, please make sure that nothing gets broken in the process. New features with bugs are OK, regressions are just a no no..

You will now find the latest release notes here: Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.6.0.19)

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts