Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Highlighted

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

Community Manager
Community Manager
Android Release Notes
What's new in version 0.7.4
  • New: Shiny new look for Log in and Sign up.
  • New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now.
  • Fixed: Bugs, crashes and bad things.
Notes
  • We started rolling out this update today and everyone should have it by this evening.
  • Lockscreen controls on KitKat (Android 4.4) should now be fixed!
Community Ergo Sum
25 Replies

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.4)

poisike
Roadie
I like this note > We started rolling out this update today and everyone should have it by this evening.

I already got the update and everything seems to work (on Nexus 7 2013 Android 4.4).

Biggan
Casual Listener
I have a huge problem with the sound. The songs only play one second and then the audio stops but the song continue to play.
Samsung gallaxy s4

SlayerOfArgus

This update seems to have fixed the issue I was having with playlists not syncing correctly. Haven't found any other issues as of yet.

tuuubes
Roadie

I think the m.spotify.com apk is broken, I've tried three times to install and it failed

tuuubes
Roadie

Ahh nevermind I figured out the problem! The m.spotify.com site is still on 0.7.2 though :(

phatpocket
Casual Listener
Completely unusable on Alcatel 983. Full reinstall following proper procedures (reboot, making sure spotify com folder is gone, etc) doesn't fix the problems. You can login and browse but get Spotify is offline messages several times a minute. Songs only play for a few seconds. Some playlists won't load.

Gugulu
Casual Listener

The "metadatachanged" broadcast is completely broken in this version. It was already screwed in the last few versions, always being one song behind, but now it's completely gone. At the startup of the app, there's one valid broadcast, then one or two with null values, then nothing.

I'm observing this mess with the Spotify Android client and its constant buggyness and regressions for a while now, and I'm not only feeling frustrated for myself but also ashamed for the software developers. I don't know if they have no idea of what they are doing, if there's no internal testing, if the quality control totally fails or whatever or whoever might be the reason for such screwups, but this is just beyond sad. I really really hope that the Spotify team can get their stuff together soon, otherwise this not so tiny bunch of people in this forums and elsewhere might really go through with their threads and switch to a competitor...

Flakes
Roadie

• New: Artist pages now feature image galleries and track play counts. Rolling out now.

Can t find that part. 

user-removed
Not applicable

@Flakes wrote:

Can t find that part. 

I'm sorry for your frustration in this.

This feature is still rolling out, in little pieces.

SUGGESTED POSTS