Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.8.566)

Solved!

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.8.566)

What's new in version 0.7.8.566
  • New: Follow people from your Profile. Tap the friends icon to find people, and discover what they’re listening to. You can also see what they’re listening to in your Discover view.
  • New: Long press to delete previously played stations in Radio.
  • New: Your list of playlists now features pretty images.
  • Fictitious: This app now features a removable helmet and detachable hands.
Notes
  • -
Community Ergo Sum

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@melodynelson - Unfortunately non-Facebook sharing isn't possible in the mobile apps at the minute as far as I am aware.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

"New: Long press to delete previously played stations in Radio"

Yowza!

...no mention of future Chromecast support?

There is unprecedented interest - http://community.spotify.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/ideaexchange/article-id/30095/page/57#comm...

Search history is still missing. Ugh.

Fictitious: Spotify actually listens to customer demands and now supports Chromecast.

I think Chromecast support is a must-do, especially considering the demand. 

But how about just reaching feature parity with iOS? Or giving back features that disappeared without any acknowledgment, like search? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Search-history-on-Andriod/td-p/575104

A lot of people are quitting because the dev team either takes away features or can't add them in a timely manner (Chromecast was released in July?!). The support team seems hilariously misnamed, as they offer zero feedback on even vague timeframes these might be released, or whether the dev team is even aware that they took out features like search (after seven months of investigation, the report is: well, maybe. Or maybe not. It's still unclear).  

But let's commend Spotify on all the new features for free customers. Hope those work out for you! You'll probably see a higher percentage of premium users switching to free (or quitting) than ever before, at least Spotify seems interested in updating features for them. 

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Dear Dev Team,

It seems, that with the new Update Spotify for Android (0.7.8.566) the behaviour of Spotify Connect  was changed:

Now it is only possible to switch the playback to another device when this device is active and unlocked. Until the update it was possible to just switch without having to touch the other device. The controlling device shows the message "Can't play" or "Kann nicht abgespielt werden" for the DE version. 

Could you please confirm & explain this change? 

Kind regards,

P.S. For me this has rendered the Connect feature useless between Android devices.

This may have been changed because of the many complaints about music playing from the wrong device and not being able to disable connect. Maybe we'll get some more control via additional options in the future.

It brings it in line with Connect on iOS for me, since on iOS the app has to be open for it to be possible to control it via Connect.

Peter

Spotify developers, are you actively trying to make the service worse with each update?

The "Popular tracks" no longer go bold when you play them from the main artist page (Razr Maxx HD). WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THIS OUT? Is this happening to everyone?

Am I going to have to wait eight months to MAYBE hear an update of whether this was intentional or a bug like with search history?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Search-history-on-Andriod/td-p/575104

Honestly. Do you guys even test this software? How do you even have jobs?

Also, you messed up search (see above), now we finally get an update: the enter bar is now dark, with white text. YOU'VE MADE IT EVEN MORE DIFFICULT TO READ THE TEXT QUICKLY! And I have to enter the words properly so autocorrect doesn't kick in. It's like waking from a nightmare and realizing you're on fire with this app.

I feel like a Neanderthal typing in all caps online. But Spotify may actually be the most incompent company that considers itself a billion dollar property. Not only can't you actually provide the features users desire, you mess up and take away features frequently. 

I'm a nice person in real life, I swear, but I have no problem calling Spotify, as a whole, an incompetent company with utterly useless customer support and talentless developers. I have no problem saying that, because none of the employees will read this! I'm sure it will get ESCALATED by an unpaid minion, which will surely rocket it right to the top of your priorities!

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

So, I've been warned not to spam threads here (because, yes, bumping a single thread to try and get Spotify to answer one simple question over an eight month span is considered spamming, as if they had no culpability for refusing to address it). But I posted this on Tuesday, the dark search bar issue has been raised by someone else in a separate thread, and there's no response to that or the fact that the "popular" tracks are not going bold (again, I ask, is it just me?). 

How do I get my points addressed if not by asking my question again? Can we have clear guidance on what is considered "spamming" a thread? I would think, if the goal of the poster is to try and get resolution to a bug and the posts are confined to the thread on that topic, it's not spamming (which would infer off-topic discussion of some type). Is the Spotify position "if you don't hear from us in two months, go ahead and bump it"?

Note: this is not meant to be snarky or sarcastic, these are actual questions that it would be greatly appreciated if we could get clarification on. It would be great if this bug could be squashed in under a year.

Lamp

Few minor complaints. Premium account used on a HTC One/Kindle Fire HDX.

- No search history. Would be nice if I typed "S" Serge Gainsbourg, Sex Pistols and such would come up so I don't have to type them out each time. I mean, holy crap that's lazy but it's a pretty cool feature that is on the iOS app, so I'm not sure why it can't be done on Android/Kindle.
- Friends feature added in the most recent update does not seem to exist.
- Repeat individual song feature would be noice.

Now for some positives!

- Access to pretty much all of the world's music for less than the cost of a compact disc and it's pretty much the best thing ever.

Hey @melodynelson you can get to followers and search for facebook friends from your profile. The people icon there at the top right. Repeat tracks is coming soon but search history is missing, as you say. 

Hey, maybe I'm nuts but I see nothing of a people icon at the top right on the mobile applications.

I should note that I don't have a Facebook account and don't want one. I have a couple friends with Spotify who also don't use Facebook and it'd be cool to easily share tunes with them and see what they are jamming to and what not. Not possible?
Marked as solution

@melodynelson - Unfortunately non-Facebook sharing isn't possible in the mobile apps at the minute as far as I am aware.

Peter

OK. Thanks for your help.

Hi folks. We're rolling out the latest Spotify for Android version, which should reach everyone latest tomorrow (Friday).

You'll find release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts