Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.9)

Highlighted

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.9)

Community Manager
Community Manager
What's new in version 0.7.9
  • Fixed: Playback no longer halts for audio notifications.
  • Fixed: Smoother switching between wifi and mobile data.
  • Fixed: The lock screen is more trustworthy.
  • Fictitious: This app is dating a rather attractive vending machine.
Notes
  • Known issue: Connect can sometimes stop responding. Simply skip the current track to kick-start it.
Community Ergo Sum
34 Replies

Re: Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.9)

bbeckford
Regular

STILL NO MENTION OF CHROMECAST SUPPORT

Do 3,281 kudos and 739 comments mean nothing?

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Andrews32
Roadie

So, I raised the issue of the bug with the "popular tracks" not going bold in the last update, and no one from Spotify confirmed this was happening. I still don't know if I'm the only one it was happening to. I haven't updated yet, but can you confirm whether this is still happening? And did you bring back search history? 

I've set an alarm February 12, 2015, to come back and check for an answer, hopefully you guys can address it by then. 

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

karmamule
Casual Listener

It's been over a week snice I've read about the fantastic new UI for Spotify and having a 'collection' to add songs to.  Any idea when that'll actually be rolled out to android?  I'm excited every time I see Spotify has updated but it keeps being these minor fixes.

Joe
Community Legend

@Andrews32 Do you mean when they are playing? If so, seems to be OK now.

2014-04-10 15.38.48.png

Joe
Community Legend

@karmamule From the scraps we've been fed by staff, we should all have the Black UI by the end of the month. The new Your Music on android seems to have rolled out to everyone who signed up for the Beta so, hopefully the general release isn't too far off.

Andrews32
Roadie

That's what I meant, yes. I haven't updated the program yet, but that looks promising. Thanks!

Lamp

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-support-for-Google-ChromeCast/idi-p/482900

Joe
Community Legend

No worries :)

jonec429
Regular

Per wrote:

What's new in version 0.7.9
  • Fixed: Playback no longer halts for audio notifications

This is not completely true...this only works if the device is playing music through its own speaker. Once you plug it in to auxilary or earphones this feature disappears

karmamule
Casual Listener
I just got my an update an hour or so after posting this and now see Your Music and the new features, so good timing!
:-D
SUGGESTED POSTS