Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.9)

Release Notes - Spotify for Android (0.7.9)

What's new in version 0.7.9
  • Fixed: Playback no longer halts for audio notifications.
  • Fixed: Smoother switching between wifi and mobile data.
  • Fixed: The lock screen is more trustworthy.
  • Fictitious: This app is dating a rather attractive vending machine.
Notes
  • Known issue: Connect can sometimes stop responding. Simply skip the current track to kick-start it.
Community Ergo Sum
34 Replies

Thank god this in finally fixed... But I would love to have a config option where I can select how much the volume of SPOTIFY drops when a notification arrives, not how much the notification volume level drops!

This update sucks...tracks skip constantly & asking me to skip tracks is not a solution...I depend on my music for my work and having to stop to skip tracks isn't an option...besides that out shuts down completely...PLEASE FIX!

> 0.7.9 ruined spotify -- now when using googlemaps + spotify over bluetooth in my car, it drops the volume on google maps to 50%

> -- so low that I can't hear it. 

As stated elesewhere this feature is a very broken implementation in this release. It's ok for me the volume is supressed instead of the music paused whilst an app like Google maps makes an announcement but NOT OK that Spotify winds up leaving the volume very low. Someone in another thread even knows the coding error that's been made!

Spotify PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE open a Google Play beta commuinity on Google+. You can test new releases with the community here and we can revert to the full release if you broke something important/didn't test the release properly. 

Anyone else having trouble with the Spotify app on Galaxy S5? It just keeps saying "Unfortunately, Spotify has stopped working." I've reported it, I've uninstalled/reinstalled. I've tweeted at @spotifycares. I've gotten no response. Definitely considering dropping Premium if this persists. What good is to pay for mobile service when it doesn't work?

Screenshot_2014-04-16-12-51-37.png

Hi @Rebel22 You can also get direct support hereIf you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Just wondering if exiting spotify completely then putting your phone in airplane mode, launching spotify  and, finally, turning off airplane mode works?

Thanks @jwylot. Unfortunately, the airplane mode technique you offered did not resolve it. Same exact behavior. I used the contac form you linked. Much appreciated.

I'm having the exact same issue. Pissed off that I paid for a year of premium since I've had a fairly great experience until now. This combined with the removal of the star-system has me reevaluating my continued use of the platform.

Object lesson in how to lose your customer base. ...

@KingShan

The only issue I have seen with moving from Star to Your Music is that the Android App needs to be updated to show the "Save" option for Albums.

Otherwise, it is the Star system with better organization.  The "Songs" section is identical to the old Starred playlist, including the default sorting as "Recently Added".  And to sort by Artist or Album, you go to those specific sections, with nice cover art to accompany them.

I agree this audio mute issue is a deal breaker. Just re installed Slacker and signed up for premium. Your on notice spotify

@jthutcheson

After researching your explanation, I have to agree that this new way of "favoriting" music is actually much better and addresses ways I've wanted my music to be organized in the past. Thanks for the explanation!

Now, if they could only get this app working on my S5, I'll be a happy camper. I'm going to see if I can get a refund for the time I'm unable to use the mobile app...

Playback still halts during notifications, please fix this issue correctly.

Unfortunately, nothing has worked for me and it's been almost 2 weeks now. I'm dropping premium. Hope they get it resolved soon though.

Update...

Now works on my S5. Bought a new 64GB card because I maxed out my 32GB card; Spotify worked flawlessly after that. Audio ducking happens correctly and no crashes so far. I'm a happy camper again!

Just waiting on the UI refresh for Android now...

We've started rolling out version 1.0.0.70 and you'll find the release notes here.

Community Ergo Sum

Suggested posts