Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Remove Local Files from Android Device

Solved!

Remove Local Files from Android Device

How can I remove the spotify files from my Kindle Fire? My playlists have taken up all the space and I want to free up some space. I made several playlists not available locally, thinking this would remove them from the device but the disk is still full. 

Thanks, Dave

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Not sure about a kindle fire, but on normal android, you:

1) Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications, and press the all tab.

2) Find Spotify and tap it

3) Tap uninstall

This should remove the files from your device as well.

If you can't do that on a Kindle fire, try just uninstalling it how it is done on a Kindle fire, and it might remove the files then too.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Not sure about a kindle fire, but on normal android, you:

1) Go to Settings>Applications>Manage applications, and press the all tab.

2) Find Spotify and tap it

3) Tap uninstall

This should remove the files from your device as well.

If you can't do that on a Kindle fire, try just uninstalling it how it is done on a Kindle fire, and it might remove the files then too.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Thank you Anthony. I didn't think I'd have to do something as drastic as uninstalling the app. I was hoping that when you make the playlist no longer available offline that it would also remove the file from your local storage but I guess that is not the case. I'll try what you suggest. Thanks again for the prompt response!

how can i clear unwanted files in local on android & keep wanted files?

Hey @fab25,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Can you please clarify what you mean by unwanted/wanted files? If you'd like to remove a downloaded playlist to free up space, you can simply uncheck the download checkmark and then clear the cache from you app's settings.

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

how about removing a few local files on my android? I deleted a few files and renamed some on my device files but they still have the same name and the deleted ones are still spotify. I tried clearing cache in the system app settings as well as clearing app data. i've also tried the 'remove local files' button which when i open it back up to let it reload it still has the same files. i heard it's in spotify's cache folder which if on pc can be fixed by deleting the cache folder, but on andriod we can't access any app's folders, and as mentioned above, i've also tried clearning the cache from the app settings, which did not help. what should i do?

Suggested posts