Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

Solved!

Removed the ability to shuffle play all playlist in a folder?

In the new update for the Android app, it seems they removed the option to play all playlist in a folder, is that true? I used it all the time because I follow a lot of playlist and to be able to listen to them all in shuffle mode where fantastic... 😞 So is it really true or am I missing something?
283 Replies

Really!? So why is it still available on iOS? I cannot modify the playlists I follow from other people. Really bad move from Spotify. I hope you guys continue to support the older APK forever...

Yeah, we kind of figured out you did 😕 And you're suggestion for a work around, how well would that work with a folder with over a hundred playlists, some with over a thousand and up to 10000 songs? 

The question we want answered is why? What was the reason you decide to remove it from the mobile app? 

Here's your feedback.  Dumb idea and no REASON given as usual.  This is a must have feature as far as I'm concerned.

.... and the suggestion about starting on a PC, its kind of hard to do that when you're mobile.  You know, "mobile" devices?

Dang! Rollback and install an older APK didn't work since Spotify is preinstalled 😠 

dislike! What is the point of folders if I can't shuffle or play all the songs in the folder?

This is not a solution, so please don't mark it as such.

Hi Meridith,

Why did you make this decision? As you can see from the reaction, this was a key function for many users. Your suggestion to put everything in one playlist is not a good one as it is impossible to sort the tracks and albums by genre etc. with that playlist. Starting from the desktop is of no use when using Spotify in the car

Trevor

As you can see by the comments, you have removed a feature used by a very important user segment. The complaints here came from premium hardcore everyday users. Long term subscribers, top prescribers, advanced libraries builders, who know the platform so well that managed to get the most of a simple feature and make it the core of their Spotify usage, and capable of taking the trouble of searching and installing an old APK just to keep doing it ... We are not simple plain users. Just saying... 🙂

Please remove your comment so it is not accepted as a solution, this thread is not solved!

Please bring this feature back. I don't see why this is removed. Could Spotify please tell a reason? I think a lot of users are using the suffle at the folder. 

Can anyone confirm which apk version this was removed in so I can roll back to the last apk with the folder shuffle still available?

Ridiculous! I've arranged most of my playlists in folders exactly because I would be able to shuffle between those lists. Now that is useless. Bring back this feature!!!!

It's pretty sad that always happen the same with spotify. Bad update (useful options been removed, bad perfomance in the app..) followed by a chain of unnatended complains in the forum. I used this option everyday to play related short playlist that I've created. In the desktop app it still works. The folder system kind of doesn't make sense if this button is not there. And of course, it's annoying that you spend time arranging those playlist considering this function, and now it's gone.
I used spotify for many years, but I really think that they should listen (and respond) to the huge community that they have, and ultimately, use and pay for the service.

Bring it back Spotify! I have been a paying member for well over 5 years. Bring it back!

I have the same thing on iOS! This really sucks!! Please bring it back!!

And now they removed it from the iOS version as well.. Not cool.

Yup! I'm on iOS too, didn't realize that this was for Android. Is there already a post for the iOS version?

I messaged Spotify about this a few weeks back. This was their response. Capture.PNG

"Testing things like adding or removing features". How is this good app development? Surely you must have statistics about how your users use your app?

Suggested posts