Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing a song on an offline playlist?

Removing a song on an offline playlist?

Hi guys,

Recently upgraded to premium (best decision).

I have a playlist for commuting to work which I've taken offline. Don't want to use any data. I reguarly remove songs from that playlist and add more.

My question is: when I remove a song from an offline playlist, will it delete it from my phone too?

I don't want to have tons of songs I've removed from playlists taking up space on my phone.

Hope that makes sense! And thanks for your help!

3 Replies

no, you have to put your phone online in order for them to sync... If you have internet, try connecting both your PC/MAC to the internet at the same time as your phone, and they should work it out regardless of which device deleted it. If not, delete it from your workstation and reinstall the app on your phone.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Thanks for the response.

So if for example, I removed some songs from an 'offline' playlist while hooked up to WIFI, it'll remve the song from offline mode too?

I've switched from Google Play which had a pretty coherent offline mode, so I'm a little lost.

Thanks again for all your help

not if you have it downloaded elsewhere.... if it's in your music and that is downloaded, then it will stay there, it will just disappear from that playlist.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Suggested posts