Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing albums doesn't free space.

Removing albums doesn't free space.

I need free space on my sd card but removing downloaded albums doesn't make free space. It is the same as before removing. Why?
8 Replies

Hey @klauzer,

Be sure to clear the cache from the app settings. That will clear the space you want to clear.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Well in the app it says that this function deletes everything except the app. I don't want that. I want to keep my other downloaded playlists and albums.

Halllo? Anyone knows hiw to clean soace frim deleted albums?

Hey, @osornios already posted the solution which you don't want to accept. There is no other solution currently.

Well this is not solution I and many other wants. So spotify. Please make a change in the app. I don't want to write down all albums that i want to keep before cleaning the cache in the app and the find all albums again to download them.

Where can I send this feedback to spotify to add this function? I think everyone want this.

@klauzer

You can suggest improvements through the Community. You can post it in the Idea Submissions forum and it may be considered for future versions of the app.

Just be sure to check out if the idea is already there. If it's not, submit it after reading the idea submission guidelines. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks. Please vote for this function so Spotify will add this in the future.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Remove-songs-albums-from-cache/idi-p/1576836#M32726

Suggested posts