Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Removing sd card with Spotify songs on it

Solved!

Removing sd card with Spotify songs on it

Hi! So i've got a little problem with my Spotify app. Today I had to remove my sd card in order to insert a second SIM card (yea, there's only one slot for both in my phone :)). When I put again my sd card, the app doesn't show downloaded songs and doesn't play them. I checked in settings, and the app still has over 4GB, but when I set songs to download, they normally download using my internet connection and they won't play in offline mode until downloaded again. So the question is, is it completely normal, that the songs disappear after removing sd card and my phone is just retarded showing an old memory usage by the app, or the songs are still on the phone, just the app doesn't seem to see them? And, if it's the second option, how to fix this without downloading all the songs again? Thanks for any help, and sorry for mistakes, if there were some, still learning english 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your english is fine 🙂

Let's get the bad news out of the way first. You will have to download your music again I'm afraid. Make sure the spotify storage option is ser to the SD card before you start.

If you need to remove the SD card again, foce stop spotify from the application manager before ejecting the SD card. This should preserve the settings. Otherwise, spotify which runs a background process will notice the missing SD card and create the cache in internal storage.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Your english is fine 🙂

Let's get the bad news out of the way first. You will have to download your music again I'm afraid. Make sure the spotify storage option is ser to the SD card before you start.

If you need to remove the SD card again, foce stop spotify from the application manager before ejecting the SD card. This should preserve the settings. Otherwise, spotify which runs a background process will notice the missing SD card and create the cache in internal storage.

I think that explains it all. Thanks 🙂

It would be really great if Spotify can develop a way to force Spotify to recognize songs already downloaded (through Spotify) on an SD card. I have problems with my SD card. Occasionally, it ejects. Since my music is stored on my SD card, I lose all access to my offline music (10+ GB) and have to download them all over again. This is frustrating. I'm considering switching streaming services to get around the issue.

Suggested posts