Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Retrieve Lost Playlists from phone

Retrieve Lost Playlists from phone

Hi, 

I've been using my wife's (we've recently split up) family account for a year or so but she has deleted her account. I had 1000's of songs in my playlists which were downloaded to my phone so that I could listen to them when offline. If I create a new premium account, will I be able to find the downloaded playlists on my phone and add them to my new account without the previous account details?

I'm sure they must still be in the phone somewhere because of the amount of storage being used.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks in advance

4 Replies

Hello Jackboy12,

Since your ex-wife deleted her account you aren't able to bring back her account (and playlists) yourself. You should ask your ex-wife to get in touch with the Spotify customer agents via this link, to recover the lost account and playlists.

You could always try it yourself if the contact is bad, but I cannot guarantee success.

I hope you'll get your playlist back.

Best wishes.

Note:

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi,

Did you use the same log in credentials or did you have your own? If you hade the Family Plan, then you should’ve had your own credentials and therefore your playlists should still be on that account.

If you used the same log in credentials, and account, then the solution from @skroon19 is probably the best way to go.

If my post solved your issue, please accept it as a solution.

Thanks both. I can't remember any of the login details. I think I just need to accept that they've gone.

I had hoped the files must be saved in my phone so I could find then and add them to my new account.

Thanks for your help.

No problem Jack!

If you have further questions, feel free to ask them by submit a post in our Community.
We're happy to help- stay safe!

Suggested posts