Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card Corruption V 0.5.12.52

SD Card Corruption V 0.5.12.52

Since the update I installed a week or two ago (and most recent one with language updates) I've had a problem with SD card corruption when rebooting or powering off my phone if I didn't stop Spotify first. I am using a Galaxy S3 and I was stoked to see the ability for it to download offline music to the sd card, but it would appear that if Spotify is running and the device reboots or powers off the SD card shows as corrupted. Luckily my photos and other items that also save to SD automatically back up so I haven't lost much.

Narrowed down the issue by resetting the phone, formatting the SD card, installing individual apps, and running individual apps when rebooting. Also tried installing the Spotify app with no SD card installed so it would revert to the old internal storage method. This created no issue later with an SD card int he device as well. Hopefully there's a fix for this soon because if I don't stop the app before powering down or rebooting then I am forced to transfer 29GB of data back to my SD card. While I'm grateful for my backup solution saving my data, I'm not pleased with paying $9.99 a month to endure this sort of error.

1 Reply

I am also experiencing this on my Samsung Galaxy Note II. I thought the problem was due to the card being corrupted. Now after formatting the sd card for the second time, I also can confirm that the spotify app does something to the sd card and is the reason for it to appear corrupted. I uninstalled the spotify app and then the card worked fine, no problems. I was able to search through the entire sd card.

I then installed spotify. No problems yet. Restarted phone and the sd card appeared fine.

THEN I started to sync offline playlists. After one reboot the phone stated that the SD card was corrupted.

Also: Everytime I reboot the phone and enter the PIN, spotify automatically starts up with a blank screen. Without me doing anything else than enter the PIN.

Some basic information:
SD card manufacturer: Sandisk
Storage: 32 GB
Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy Note II
Problem appearance: Right after the latest spotify update.

I hope this was relevant information and can be used in your bug fix. Please fix this ASAP!! I'm also not pleased paying 99NOK (17 USD?!) a month for this crap.

Suggested posts