Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card and download issues

SD Card and download issues

I've been having issues with spotify recognizing my SD card. If I unmount and mount, it will show for a while. I'm able to download content, but eventually spotify fails to see the card.

I have attempted formatting the card, as well as doing a full uninstall of the app by clearing data and folders. I also removed offline devices from the website prior to attempting again. Opening the app initially I can change storage to SD card and download content. It then disappears in the app. Other apps can see the card without issue.

Sometimes when I do get the data to stick, the app will tell me only 3 devices can download offline content, and it clears my content on my device. I only have one listed in my account.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
6 Replies

Every time your SD card is remounted, spotify sees your mobile as a new device. You can keep this from becoming a problem by removing older instances of your mobile here.

What device and android version are you using?

What spotify version?

I am from Costa Rica and I have the same problem and it seems that spotify has taken the bad idea of โ€‹โ€‹eliminating saving music on sd card and many others report equal problems, very badly the idea of โ€‹โ€‹making those changes hurting many

I've already removed all devices from here. Issue is that spotify keeps losing my SD card and thinking it's a new device.

Android 7.1.1 moto z Droid and latest version of the app. 8.4.14.439 arm v7

I also remove devices and erase the application and reinstall again spotify and surprise no longer exists option to save to sd card

@Aquilisdicio try using internal storage for a bit to see if the issue is only with the SD card. Incidentally, spotify has issues with encrypted SD cards and Spotify's answer was to "Hold off starting Spotify for around 10-20 seconds after the system has started".

SD card isn't encrypted. I tried storing data on internal device and I'm still receiving the message about more than 3 devices.

Suggested posts