Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card self deletes - switches to internal storage. (2nd thread)

SD Card self deletes - switches to internal storage. (2nd thread)

Plan

Premium (Family)

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Note9 + Note10+

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps switching to the internal phone storage and ignoring the SD Card that 4000+ downloads are supposed to be saved to. Saving to the SD Card seems to last about 3 days, then it will automatically switch to the internal memory and delete the download music - and try to download the 4000+ items to a memory that can't take the capacity.

I try switching it back to the SD Card and it ignores me and contiues with the internal...

getting sick of this...

KATERINA FROM SPOTIFY ADVISED TO UNISTALL/REINSTALL/TRY NEW CARDS ETC... I EVEN GOT A NEW HANDSET. - and here is the update from this post - which I can't add to...

Well I'm back - an still p1ssed off. In fact more so than ever.

Before my new device was delivered - I tried 2 other SD cards on My existing device. And with both Cards? You guessed!!!

Same problem.

My new device was delivered.

Installed Spotify and re-formatted the card - downloaded content.

Same Problem.

Re-installed Spotify (on a brand new device) and re-formatted the card - downloaded content.

Same Problem.

Installed another card - re-formatted it, download 7,900+ tracks (85+Gb).

Same Problem.

Installed yet another card - re-formatted it, download 7,900+ tracks (85+Gb).

Same Problem.

It happened again last night - whilst on my commute home. No internet signal. No music. Downloaded 7,900+ tracks (85+Gb) when I got home.

It happened again this morning - whilst on my commute to work. No internet signal. No music. Downloaded 7,900+ tracks (85+Gb) when I get to work.

There is one common factor with all these problem.

It isn't the device - the problem can be replicated on two seperated devices.

It isn't the SDcards - the problem can be replicated on three different cards of different sizes and different makes (all of them are Class 10 - A1 U3) - all of which insterted into two seperated devices.

IT IS THE SPOTIFY APP. IT DOESN'T ALWAYS FIND THE SD CARD WHEN THE APP STARTS - AND DEFAULTS TO THE INTERNAL MEMORY.

WHEN IT DOES THEN SEE THE SD CARD IT WONT READ THE 85+Gb OF CONTENT ALREADY ON IT (no doubt due to a security "feature")

IT THEN DELETES THE EXISTING 85+GB OF CONTENT AND FORCES ME TO GO THROUGH THE MANUAL PROCESS OF SELECTING EVERY ALBUM (170+) TO ENABLE DOWNLOADING.

SO WHAT IS THE SOLUTION.

UNINSTALLING AND RE-INSTALLING DOESN'T WORK.

CHANGING THE DEVICE DOESN'T WORK.

CHANGING THE SD CARD DOESN'T WORK.

SPOTIFY DOESN'T WORK.

btw. Amazon Music DOES WORK. FLAWLESSLY. CONSISTENTLY.

1 Reply

I've just tried the Chat tech Help...

Tatiana L
 at 10:35, Oct 18:
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the offline music storage. I'd be glad to look into this for you.

Tatiana L
 at 10:35, Oct 18:
Please give me 2-3 minutes to check on this.

Flunk
 at 10:39, Oct 18:
np

Tatiana L
 at 10:40, Oct 18:
Thanks for waiting. I'm sorry for the troubles this has caused you. I've checked with our support team. This seems to be an ongoing issue and our best tech folks are still looking in to this.

I understand this must be frustrating, but hopefully it shouldn’t be too much longer for a fix.

We just ask for your patience as we work on this and can assure you that our tech folks will soon be able to get to the bottom of this.

Tatiana L
 at 10:41, Oct 18:
In the meantime, I recommend to save all your offline music in the internal memory instead of SD so that the downloaded songs will remain when you listen without internet.

Suggested posts