Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD Card self deletes - switches to internal storage.

SD Card self deletes - switches to internal storage.

Plan

Premium - Family

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Note 9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps switching to the internal phone storage and ignoring the SD Card that 4000+ downloads are supposed to be saved to. Saving to the SD Card seems to last about 3 days, then it will automatically switch to the internal memory and delete the download music - and try to download the 4000+ items to a memory that can't take the capacity.

I try switching it back to the SD Card and it ignores me and contiues with the internal...

getting sick of this...

7 Replies

BUMP

Hey there @Flunk,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

It looks like you've found some helpful threads regarding this and you've also shared some solutions in this thread

Let us know how you get on or if you need further help! We'll be happy to lend a hand.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Spotify STILL SUCKS!

I'M STILL RANDOMLY HAVING TO SPEND MY TIME REINSTALLING THE APP AND REDOWNLOADING MY MUSIC COLLECTION. 

IT SUCKS!!!

Hey again @Flunk,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop about this.

It would be a good idea confirming that your SD card:

• is formatted as portable
  • is not formatted as internal memory / adoptable storage
  • is not encrypted

You can also try removing it from your device to see if the issue persists. Alternatively, you can use another SD to check that as well.

If another SD card or not using the original at all works with no issues, it would be a good idea checking it for errors.

Keep us posted 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina, The card is formatted as per Samsung instructions ...

Other apps have no problem accessing info stored on the card, and it is only Spotify that randomly chooses when it it will acknowledge the existence of the card and wheter or not it will ignore and delete the data it has previously created.

I must have had to download about 1Tb of Spotify data in the last month for 60Gb of content.

Obviously the issue will NOT persist without an SD card (if I remove the card) because the problem is with continuous access to the SD card.

I don't have another SD Card on me to try, and my new phone gets delivered today so I am giving up on Spotify until it is installed on the new handset and the (1st world) misery can continue...

Suggested posts