Premium for Families

Country

New Zealand

Device

Meizu M3 Note

Operating System

Android 5.1

My Question or Issue

Hi, since the most recent update, my SD card is no longer being registered by the Spotify app on my phone. 

So far, I've tried multiple clean installs, clearing the cache, removing and reinserting my SD card, all the things I've seen recommended by other people.

I don't have the option to select my SD card manually anymore, and my phone is reading the SD card, so I'm unsure what the problem is? 

All I know is that the app erased all my downloaded songs and is trying to redownload them on my internal storage

S80902-01274886.jpg
S80902-01273333.jpg
8 Replies

When you go to Settings > Other > and click on Storage, it only has the option of Internal Storage there?

@Matalo wrote:

When you go to Settings > Other > and click on Storage, it only has the option of Internal Storage there?

Hi, I only have the option to Log Out, under "Other" in Settings, and in the "Storage" section I only have the option to Delete Cache

S80910-04501854.jpg

Did you already try this guide:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914257

Be sure to follow completely, especially the part about going into the file manager. Let me know if this helps. 

It seems they changed th android options. There is no fix other than to complain to spotify.

I have an Android and I have all the available options. 

Great so maybe they're doing an A/B test. Any chance you can find out?

hello, have you tried using the CHKDSK Command or CMD? I think you can try these two ways, if your SD card still undetectable, you can format it. But before doing so, you should make backup in advance, or you can apply a tool like the Bitwar wizard.

Here I find a site that contains many ways to solve the SDcard not reading, you can take a look. Hope can help you can solve the issue successfully. https://www.r-datarecovery.com/fix-sd-card-not-reading-error.html

Suggested posts