Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD card storage settings + content lost

SD card storage settings + content lost

Me again (see this post), still having a lot of problems with Spotify and the SD card: nothing is solved and I still lost regularly the SD card storage. It is absolutely not usable!

But now I have a few more information:

- I know why the "storage" entry disapears from the settings menu: because the Spotify folder on the SD card is locked! I tried once to clear it and I could not access it. The folder is just not accessible.

- I also know how to reproduce my problem with 100% of success: I switch on the Wifi, select to download all titles and the background process starts. Then I leave my office/home and of course lost the Wifi connection: I got either a message telling me that the download has failed or Spotify just crashes. Then, in both cases, I have no more "storage" entry in the settings menu. I have no other choice than restarting the phone to get it back. But "of course", Spotify does not use any more the SD card and if I switch it on, it is not even able to get the available content. Back to the starting line 😞   

It is really, really annoying, beleive me, because I cannot listen to music in my car by simply using the data connection: I lost regularly the network, the music stops, it make some interference with my car system, etc. That is fore sure the problem of leaving in a wild part of France (Cote d'Azur) and using a low cost provider (Orange pro).

2 Replies

Hi @xlegalles

Thanks for getting back in touch with us. We're sorry you're still having issues. 

Keep in mind the Spotify app is downloaded in the internal memory of your phone and not SD card. Only the music downloaded goes to the SD card (if you select the option). Do you have your SD card set as internal? Also, did you have this issue before? If not, did it start happening after a specific update? 

Regarding the other downloading issue, if your offline syncing gets interrupted in any way by a lost WiFi connection or these events, your offline devices will duplicate and offline syncing won't work the right way. In that case, you'd have to remove them by going to your Account Overview and reinstalling the app on your device. Can you make sure next time you follow the steps above so your offline syncing doesn't get interrupted? 

That should do the trick.

Let us know how it goes, we're here to help.

My brand new 128gb micro sd had the same issue and we're not the only ones who had this issue here in the forum. Spotify doesn't even bother giving a decent answer to help their u$er$. I've tried everything you might think (format, reinstall app, format cellphone...) nothing works and I lost my expensive microsd together with my personal files. One thing is sure: im never using this feature again ever with this application + planing to move on to another service which doesnt break our personal objects and gives decent audio quality. I really hope someone tries to prosecute you guys for damaging to our personal objects so that you improve your team of lame app designers. This issue happened with this user in 2017 and to other users I've seen here way before in 2015 and to this date in 2020 we're still having it. Shame.

Suggested posts