Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SD card unexpectedly removed

Solved!

SD card unexpectedly removed

Ok, I have tried time and time again to figure this out and I honestly have gone absolutely crazy. Furthermore, I am going on a roadtrip in a few days and it is imperative that I have my offline music with me. 

I have an HTC One M8 (Verizon). It has 32GB internal storage and in addition I have installed a 64GB micro SD card. After following some tutorials on here I wiped the Spotify cache, data etc., uninstalled it and deleted the com.spotify folder from my phone. I then reinstalled Spotify and to my surprise I was able to get my music syncing to my SD card, not the internal storage. This was great but unforunately it gets worse.

Anyways I waited hours for my music to download (extreme quality) to my phone. The problem is that when I open the app I suddenly get "SD card unexpectedly removed" and then in the Spotify app I get "No SD Card Found" and I get stuck in an infinite loop where I cannot even use Spotify until I restart my phone. Also just an FYI I am both under the song limit of 3,333 and under the space limit. I am only using 32 out of my 64GB. I have tried high and extreme qualities and they both yield the same results. What seems to mess it up is when I save the "songs" playlist for offline. When I just sync my regular playlists everything works ok. When I sync the new "songs" thing everything starts messing up.

I know what many are thinking: "Your SD Card is broken/faulty". I assure you this is not the case. I have used this SD card with my phone all the time and it works great. It literally only starts messing up as soon as I start spotify. I have other apps on the card that work. The card is not the issue it is definitely clear to me that something is wrong with the Spotify app. Please help me!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It turns out my SD card was faulty. Sorry for the misplaced blame.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I am testing this with a different SD card and will report back.

Marked as solution

It turns out my SD card was faulty. Sorry for the misplaced blame.

Hi
I've had this issue numerous time and on different types is SD card, I think it is unprofessional of Spotify that the app cannot detect data on a SD card that has the Music on it, there should be no reason that the app should be able to re-sync music that a subscriber had downloaded​, it time Spotify updated the app to look for our music instead of having to re-down load every time a card dismounts. This technology could be better implemented.

Hi Again
Tonight just lost another 7gb of downloads, this time the SD card didn't eject, the data was intact, Spotify could see the card and that there was 7gb used but again Spotify did not seem to mark it a downloaded, I restarted Spotify and it made no difference, I restarted the phone and opened Spotify again this time it deleted the data on the card without even flagging any errors. This issue is getting tiring I'm paying a tenner a month and having to re download my music every couple of months. This is not good, Spotify you need to introduce an option to reread the data on the SD card and also a data recovery option, at least if it could recover some of the music rather than having to bring it all down would help a bit.
Some serious thinking need to take place with the programmers and start implementing some sort of fix for this issue soon.
Regards
Vader2004

Suggested posts