Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SEARCH function won't work and crashes Spotify

Solved!

SEARCH function won't work and crashes Spotify

Hi - on my new Chromebook Acer 15 the search function won't work and crashes Spotify every time I try. I have reinstalled app from Google Play and tried several times without result. (The function works on Spotify Web)

Thanks /SteffenN-DK

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

By great and quick help from Spotify-people my problem is now solved for my Chromebook. A new update just came out. Thank you guys :))

Best regards

SteffenN-DK

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I also experience this on Android (Pixel), my iMac running both the desktop client and the webapp, and my work PC, also in both the desktop client and the webapp. 

it's disapointing and breaks the app/experience as i am unable to search for new music, or listen to anything outside of my recently played list.

I came to spotify from google music several months ago, and am strongly considering switching back over to youtube music where i never experienced these kinds of bugs. 

Similar here, Spotify Android app on an Lenove N23 Yoga Chromebook. Search function doesn't work, app crashes.

No solutions are still not suggested. The problem is very annoying.
Spotify please find a solution - or I will have to consider Google Play as my player. I prefer Spotify though.
Marked as solution

By great and quick help from Spotify-people my problem is now solved for my Chromebook. A new update just came out. Thank you guys :))

Best regards

SteffenN-DK

Solved on my chromebook as well, thnx for the update

Suggested posts