Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[SPOTIFY STAFF] Is there any development at all being made on the Android app today?

Solved!

[SPOTIFY STAFF] Is there any development at all being made on the Android app today?

Hello,

I wonder if anyone from Spotify will be able to tell us an official answer about the situation that the Android app currently is in.

• Is there any development being made on it to make sure it works on 4.0+ devieces?
  • Why hasnt the Android app been getting the feature updates and bug fixes that iPhone users has?
  • The fact that most 4.0 users even cant use your app, whats the point of paying 99kr/9Euro a month any longer when there are competitors of yours offering working applications with regular updates as feedback comes in from the users?

The problems people are experiencing are different, but many experience Force closes directly after app startup, being unable to sweitch between online/offline mode sucessfully, star tracks etc. In many cases you cant even use the app because it crashes to often. 

Swedish Spotify staff if there are any, heres a good read: http://www.swedroid.se/klagomal-pa-spotify-appen-inkompatibel-med-android-4-0-pa-vissa-enheter/

Google translated: http://translate.google.se/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=sv&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=htt...

27 Replies

At this point we have a choice between the old app, which is highly unstable and crashes every couple of songs, or the beta "preview," which is more stable but missing nearly every feature. This isn't exactly what I'd call "usable." I've been with Spotify as a premium customer since the moment it went public for the U.S., but it seems neither of the versions available for Android are usable. I've heard from the Spotify community this past week or so that an update is a long way off, and also from you that it's soon to be here. Does Spotify as a company not make a timeline for when this stuff gets done? Seems most of the Spotify users are very unhappy right now with mobile apps, and Spotify the company doesn't seem to really care one way or the other.

After a couple of weeks Spotify began to crash on my HTC One X. The app starts, login is completed, the main view shows for about one second, then the app crashes. It works if I put my phone in flight mode, so it's got something to do with when Spotify goes on line. There's no difference between WiFi and 3G.

This needs to be solved really soon!

Agree completely. I joined Spotify as a premium member the day it launched in the US as well, and I'be stopped my membership until a working app is released for Android. They figure it out when they start seeing a measurable drop in revenue.

The preview release solves this for the majority of people http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I don't pay to beta test.

Me either. I am hugely disappointed in the android app support and development and am sick of the fact that while IOS continues to get regular updates Spotify think they can keep us quiet with a beta release and then nothing for nearly two months and who knows how much longer.

However, I pay to listen to music and, at the moment, I can do that more often than not and there is no comparable service where I live. YMMV
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Jepp. The beta release was fine as the first step. But it has a lot of annoying bugs too, get the patched version out already. So annoying. 

I have downloaded the beta.... I still can't listen to my music from my PC to Mobile... unless manualy upload it........ I've always had good stuff to say about this program... I hope it doesn't prove me wrong

Suggested posts