Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE, Samsung Galaxy A71

Operating System

Android 11 OneUi 3.1

My Question or Issue

The canvas option don't appear in the settings menu, the app has been installed from play store, having allowed all permissions and already have disabled the battery optimization.

Screenshot_20210709-030308_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210709-030355_Settings.png
Screenshot_20210709-030338_Settings.png
5 Replies

Jeremy

Hi there @user-removed,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

On another note, have you ever had the Canvas option?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi in this devices, don't work the process in the article, no, I have never had the option of those devices, being these very recent, but on a previous device (Samsung Galaxy A5 2016) if I had the option of canvas, so I look for how to activate it because if I like the option very much.

CarlosE

Hi again @user-removed,

Thanks for your reply.

For now, we recommend keeping your Spotify app up-to-date as well as making sure the following conditions are met for the Canvas feature to work:

• Your device isn't a tablet or has a pixel width that's greater than 600
  • Data saver is turned off

However, keep in mind that they won't guarantee that the feature will be activated, as we're always testing things in the app to improve its functionality, which also might explain why you see something on the app that other users don't or vice-versa, or have a feature to try out temporarily.

Hope you find this info helpful. If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

CarlosEModerator

Yes my device has a screen of 120Hz, 1080x2400 and 407 pixels per inch. So I don't know, how to get this feature, so I like the app and the service, and I see other devices, with a cost lower than my devices can use the canvas option.

I have the latest update. 

CarlosE

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

As I mentioned above, we're constantly testing improvements and new features, that's why some users might have a feature that you don't, or you could've had it only temporarily.

If you want, you could try creating a new account to see if it has the Canvas feature. If it does, then you can transfer your content from your current account to the new one by following these steps. Since it's not possible to transfer subscriptions, you'd need to subscribe to Premium in the new account and cancel your subscription in the current account.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out again.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

Suggested posts