Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy S 3 does not show up in desktop client for syncing

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy S 3 does not show up in desktop client for syncing

Hello,

I recently moved from a Verizon Galaxy Nexus to a Verizon Galaxy S3, and I cannot sync my spotify tracks with my desktop client.  I have the desktop app open (windows 7 SP1 x64) and I have the client opened on the phone.  Both are connected to the same network, but the phone never shows up under devices.  I tried rebooting, disabling my Windows firewall, but nothing works.  My Nexus 7 and old GNex still connect fine, so it's something with this phone.  Anyone else having this issue?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Had the same problem....found I had to go into Spotify on my SG3 and turn Offline Mode off. Desktop now sees the phone and sync works. Works via wifi and usb connection.

@pusta wrote:

Hello,

I recently moved from a Verizon Galaxy Nexus to a Verizon Galaxy S3, and I cannot sync my spotify tracks with my desktop client.  I have the desktop app open (windows 7 SP1 x64) and I have the client opened on the phone.  Both are connected to the same network, but the phone never shows up under devices.  I tried rebooting, disabling my Windows firewall, but nothing works.  My Nexus 7 and old GNex still connect fine, so it's something with this phone.  Anyone else having this issue?

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Well, it won't help you dude but mine is ok.

Spotify on windows 7 and GS3, everything is ok, so i presume it's a soft configuration ? 

Marked as solution

Had the same problem....found I had to go into Spotify on my SG3 and turn Offline Mode off. Desktop now sees the phone and sync works. Works via wifi and usb connection.

@pusta wrote:

Hello,

Yeah I had to toggle that option and reboot three times, but it's now working.  Thanks everyone!

pusta, when you say "reboot", I'm guessing you're referring to the W7 Spotify client and not your computer?

Sadly, this solution does not work for me.

You would only need to connect to the desktop client when syncing local files from your computer - Otherwise most of your syncing can be done directly on your device.

However, if you wish to sync local files, try the following:

* Ensure you are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
* Create a playlist of just local files on your desktop machine
* Locate this playlist on your phone, and then select "Download Playlist".
* This should hopefully allow your phone to appear under Devices.
Airhorn Enthusiast

Yes, it works for me now,

Thank you for your solution.

For anyone else having trouble getting their device to show (for me it is my Galaxy S1 Epic 4g) open spotify and while it is open turn wi-fi off and then back on.  

Strangely this worked for both an android tablet (wifi only) and phone on a home network.  

I've been having the same issue.. I followed the step above (turn on and off wifi with desktop app open, toggle offline mode on and off and on with android app) and now my galaxy s3 shows up in the spotify desktop app, but I STILL can't sync any of my playlists..  Only starred tracks shows up in my 'playlists' screen.  When I go to my profile and try to download a playlist manually (on android), it just freezes at 0% and never shows up.  Obviously this is pretty frustrating and pretty much obviates the point of subscribing to the premium service, so any additional tips on how to fix it would be much appreciated.

Technical info: Spotify Android 0.6.0.20, Android 4.1.1; OSX 10.6 with latest Vers of Spotify

Suggested posts