Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy S3 updated to Jelly Bean, now remote control wont work with Spotify

Samsung Galaxy S3 updated to Jelly Bean, now remote control wont work with Spotify

I updated my phone to Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.1 to find out that Spotify suddenly isn't compatible with the remote control on the headphones which basically ruins the experince of having music on your phone if you need to take the darn thing out every single time.

Anybody having same issue?

2 Replies

What kind of headset are you using? Is it a BT headset or plugged in via 3.5mm stereo jack? What sort of remote control do you have? They worked on the 4.0x droid version.

I know that 4.1 has again a updated bluetooth module that could cause issues with certain stuff. I'm still waiting for my 4.1 upgrade on my Galaxy Note so I don't have much experience other than reading other forums / sites of the features.

You mention you need to take the thing out every single time = disconnect the headset from the device.

And to do what?

If you could clarify these issues a bit more, I'm sure we could possibly find a solution / reason for this.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I have a similar issue with my Nexus 4. Did an update fix things, or can you just not use them with Jelly Bean?

Suggested posts