Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy S3 with UE Boom - Bluetooth connection is lost at each new track

Samsung Galaxy S3 with UE Boom - Bluetooth connection is lost at each new track

Hi guys,

I have this annoying problem with my UE BOOM playing music from Spotify on my Samsung Galaxy S3: Since today Spotify loses the Bluetooth Connection to the UE BOOM at each new track. I get a system popup saying "Bluetooth-Freigabe angehalten" (I have a german version of Android; unfortunately I do not know the exact english term which would pop up, something like "Bluetooth Service suspended" or similar). After that, the BT symbol disappears, and a couple of seconds later, the connection is re-established. Meanwhile, the new song has already started being played, which means that I miss the first ten:ish seconds of each song. 

When connecting the UE BOOM to an iOS device (iPod Touch), everything works flawlessly.

Both the UE BOOM firmware and Spotify are at the latest revisions (as of today).

This does not happen with other apps on my phone, e.g. the standard music player does not behave like this; changing tracks there does not have any other impact than that the track is change (doh).

Does anybody have any suggestions? I have tried deleting the Cache of the "Bluetooth-Freigabe" app on my phone, but that did not seem to help.

Best regards,

Martin (Premium Member)

17 Replies

I have exactly the same problem. My phone is a Galaxy S3 too.

My Bluetooth speaker is a Harman Kardon Onyx Studio.

The problem appear just after I have upgrade Spotify with the latest version...

Me too i have the same problem on my Galaxy S3 ....
I just download for the first time Spotify.
My bluetooth stop and start again on my phone....

My speaker is a SoundLink mini 2 Bose and it work perfectly with my S3 except with Spotify

I have the same problem, I'm also a Galaxy S3 user and I have a Sennheiser MM 450-X. I have the exact same problem as described above, works with every other app besides Spotify.

Same problem here, I found in another post that due to the lack of help of spotify customer support, the only thing to do is to download the last working APK version 3.2.0.1197 from "APK mirror" and install it. Is annoying to have this problem, but is even more anoying to pay for a music service and get this _ _ _ _ .

Another post with the same problem:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Note-2-error-quot-Bluetooth-share-has-stopped-quot-SOL...

Edmundo.

S3 Android 4.3

Edmundo,

Thanks for your hint regarding the "downgrade" of Spotify. If Spotify does not fix this problem soonish, I will consider it. But something that has worked before can't be so hard to restore, one might think.

And Spotify saying "Bluetooth Replay is not supported" is just making me mad. That's bollocks. That's a prime use case for car stereos or when using BT headsets (which is aaactually reaaaally common nowadays). No offense meant to you, Edumndo. Just had to let a little steam off 😉

Best regards,

Martin

Had to re-install the earlier version as I had the same problem. Thanks for the sugestion...

thanks for the quick fix, lets hope the tec team does something about it soon

Hear it, add it to a playlist and enjoy!

The english error message is "Unfortunately, Bluetooth share has stopped". Unbelievably annoying. I use bluetooth constantly. I'm either on my car's bluetooth, my jambox, or my headphones. For Spotify to say they don't support bluetooth is absolutely ignorant and ridiculous. It is 2015 and you are a music streaming service. Almost everyone uses Bluetooth these days. The update completely renders any bluetooth connection useless. I spent the whole day yesterday with customer service with T-Mobile and Samsung only to find out it was Spotify who is causing the error. This needs to be escalated and fixed immediately. The lack of concern by Spotify is really discouraging. I have been a paying member for almost 2 years and have gotten several people to switch to Spotify, but this issue has made Spotify premium useless to me. I have already cancelled my membership and will not renew until this issue is fixed. I urge everyone else to do the same. 

How lucky am I? Going to a trip to the beach tomorrow and I just fond out my S Note 2 won't play the songs I spent hours offlining. Thanks Spotify for the timing of this darn bug.

Hey everyone, there is a work around until they update. You have to find the apk download of the previous spotify version, download and it will work. Make sure to turn off automatic updating. Sorry i don't have the link on me, but it is in another board somewhere on here

Same problem here. It does not matter which bluetooth device is used. Every device with the same problem. Is there any quality assurance / software resting before blowing out new versions throuh the play store??? Users are no alpha testers for new code !

FIX IT !!! I don´t want to pay for a premium account which can´t be used. A music streaming service without support for bluetooth a2dp streaming is useless !

the same problem till now here in Brazil! Where is the spotify equip to fix it?

I already did dl spotify apk due to BT problem but after 1 day of using, it reverts back to 3.3.0.988 version.

Hey everyone, my s3 was affected by the same bug... Not BT devices problem... Please spotify team, fix it as soon as possible!

Hey guys,

I fixed that problem by using the 3.4.0.689 BETA Version on my Galaxy S3. Works fine now. Here's a link!

Greetings from Germany.

sdog

Well mates - the beta version (newest) fix the problem

Thanks for the hint with the beta version! 

I had the same problem here (Samsung Galaxy S3 + Bose Soundlink Mini II).

The upgrade to the beta version fixed it.

Suggested posts