Samsung Galaxy Watch. Remote/BT Connection Issues? Solved-for me at least :)

3 people liked this

Samsung Galaxy Watch. Remote/BT Connection Issues? Solved-for me at least :)

Wayneski

Who else had this problem? (read below for the solution)

I recently bought my new Samsung Galaxy Gear Watch.

To be honest the Spotify App has never worked flawlessly even on my previous Galaxy S2 but now it won’t connect to the app via Bluetooth for remote control use.

When I first downloaded it, it worked, not 100% of the time, but most of the time. Now it says it can’t connect to the app via Bluetooth. Although, strangely, it opens the app on my phone when I open it on the watch.

I’ve tried the forums and everything they have suggested.

1. Uninstalling both apps on Phone and Watch (several times)
  2. Logging out of all devices (via my account on the Spotify webpage)
  3. Totally restarting my Watch and connecting to my phone as a new watch
  4. Disconnecting Bluetooth and Reconnecting (several times)

All other apps on from my watch connect via Bluetooth fine and my phone has the latest Android and Spotify update and have a Samsung Galaxy S9+

I have Spotify Premium. I can also play music through my watch’s speaker using the Spotify watch App via streaming

It’s really frustrating, as I’m a dance teacher and use the remote control functionality a lot.

Looking on the Internet, it seems to be a problem, I really hope you can help.

Thank you

SOLUTION

Well, Spotify, with the help of some other users, my remote now works fine. Seems your new update is the problem! Grrrr :(
I uninstalled Spotify from my phone and rolled mine back to the older version (8.4.79.612)

You'll have to allow downloads from unknown sources first on your phone. Google this, it's easy to find
Here's the link to download to on your phone - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-79-612-release/spotify-music-8-4-79-61...

Disable auto update on your Spotify App via the Playstore. After installing the APK. Hey presto, remote works!! :)

And SPOTIFY! Next update, in the update information, please comment in big letters that you have solved this. Until then I won't be updating.

Hope it helps ;)

3 Replies
Highlighted
1 person liked this

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch. Remote/BT Connection Issues? Solved-for me at least :)

Dvansan
Regular

Having the same issue, and am running version 8.4.79.612 and it is working fine after the downgrades version was installed

1 person liked this

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch. Remote/BT Connection Issues? Solved-for me at least :)

jmiller9777

Same issue but with a Gear S3 watch, and the same solution also worked for me. However, I don't consider running an old version of the Spotify app to be a long-term solution. Spotify needs to fix this. And the state of their Samsung Gear app is pretty sorry - tons of bugs, and no updates in over a year.

1 person liked this

Richard2018

Wow, thank you so much, your solution worked for me too. Think it's important to acknowledge when a post is so useful to others. Not impressed with Spotify - must be challenging with all the devices involved, but their checking & lack of response to other issues on watches is very disappointing. I hope somebody at spotify reads these posts.

SUGGESTED POSTS