Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy Watch not resuming playback after phone-call / missed call/ etc.

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy Watch not resuming playback after phone-call / missed call/ etc.

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch

Operating System

Android / Tizen

My Question or Issue

For months, my Samsung Galaxy Watch does not resume streaming Spotify music via 4G if someone calls me / I'm calling out. Even if I do not answer and let the call end, it will not resume nor work.

Even if I go back to the Spotify-app after the call, I can see it playing, but here is no sound. Pausing and resuming do not work, neither does closing and re-opening the app. I have to completely restart the watch to get sound again.

I have also tried resetting the watch but it does not change anything.

I bought this watch when it was new on the market a few years back, and there have been issues with the Spotify-implementation since day 1 in one way or another. This was the main selling-point for me.

How come it's so difficult for your developers to fix this once and for all?
Seeing how little response there are to issues with Spotify and this watch, I bet 10$ this post won't even get an official answer nor be looked at. But I paid a fortune for this watch and I can't give up hoping some skilled dev takes notice and spend 5 minutes solving the problem.

I'm using the latest firmware R805FXXU1FSL3 / R805FOXA1FSL3 / R805FXXU1FSL3 and the latest Spotify-app 2.4.12.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

I apologize for the very late reply to this topic. I didn't have the time to look into this for a while due to...well... life. 🙂

A couple of weeks ago I was ready to get testing again, but in the meanwhile a new firmware-update had come out for the watch, so I installed that first (R805FXXU1GUB3/R805FOXA1GUB3/R805FXXU1GUB3).

After firmware was updated, a new Spotify-update appeared, so I installed that too (2.5.39).

I have now been testing for a few weeks and the issue has not appeared since those updates.

Thank you for the help. I don't think I'm going to update the watch anymore from this point,  because after owning the watch for 4 years, everything finally seems to work properly.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey @Borgelin,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help.

Can you try to reinstall the app to see if the issue persist?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

thank you for looking into this.

I already tried both resetting the phone and re-installing the app.

However, I tried more troubleshooting after your reply:

I got someone to call me without having my BT headphones connected, and then it works. The music resumes.
BUT, if I have headphones connected, it does not resume playing on the headphones. I have to either restart the watch or disconnect and re-connect the headphones.

Hi @Borgelin

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that. 

Just to confirm, did you follow these specific steps to reinstall the app on your device?

If a clean reinstall using that guide didn't do the trick, there's also a few other things we can try. Can you make sure that Spotify has all necessary permissions enabled?

1. Open your Settings menu.

2. Scroll to the bottom to find Spotify and open the app setting.

3. Enable everything you see.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni,

There are no re-installation procedures for Samsung Galaxy Watch in the link you provided. I have however, re-installed the app in accordance with proper procedures.
You must first connect your watch to your phone via BT, then use the Samsung Wearables-app on the phone to re-install.

But you already know this, right?

By the way, I wrote in my previous post: "I already tried both resetting the phone and re-installing the app."

But I meant of course: "I already tried both resetting the watch and re-installing the app."

Now, there is no Spotify-entry directly under Settings on the watch, but there are two entries under Settings-->Apps-->Permissions: One is called Accounts and is turned on, the other is called Microphone and is turned off.
I turned the Microphone-setting on and tested again, but it did not fix the issue.

There is no app-settings you can control on the Samsung Wearable-app via the phone, only installation/uninstallation, hide the app and/or see how much space they use, version, etc.

It's important to distinguish between the watch itself and the Samsung Wearable-app on your phone.

Hi there @Borgelin,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you try switching on/off Call Audio and Media Audio on your BT headphones? Let us know if switching the Call Audio OFF fixes the issue. More info on how to do that here.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

I tried turning both off and on, then did a test - no change.

Then I tried turning only Call Audio off, then did a test - no change.

Hi @Borgelin,

Thanks for the reply and going through this troubleshooting process with us.

Can you try to link another Spotify account to your devices and check whether you get the same result?

Also, let us know if you can test this with another Bluetooth device, like a speaker.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

AlexModerator

Hi Alex,

I don't have another Spotify-account.

I tried connecting my JBL Extreme-speaker and did another test - same problem.

Hello there @Borgelin,

Thanks for the info.

You can create a new free account from here to test this out, as we need to go over all possible troubleshooting steps.

Let us also know the exact version of your Spotify and the model, OS version of your phone.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Marked as solution

Hi,

I apologize for the very late reply to this topic. I didn't have the time to look into this for a while due to...well... life. 🙂

A couple of weeks ago I was ready to get testing again, but in the meanwhile a new firmware-update had come out for the watch, so I installed that first (R805FXXU1GUB3/R805FOXA1GUB3/R805FXXU1GUB3).

After firmware was updated, a new Spotify-update appeared, so I installed that too (2.5.39).

I have now been testing for a few weeks and the issue has not appeared since those updates.

Thank you for the help. I don't think I'm going to update the watch anymore from this point,  because after owning the watch for 4 years, everything finally seems to work properly.

Hey @Borgelin,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you and letting us know that everything is running fine now.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts