Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy s3 Vibrating to music!

Solved!

Samsung Galaxy s3 Vibrating to music!

Hi Guys,

I've got a strange problem with spotify on my Galaxy s3. When music is playing in spotify, it seems to be linked to the vibration function of the phone because it vibrates in time with music. 

Now at first I thought it was just vibration from the speaker, but then I realised when I turned the volume down, it is not because the phone vibrates away in time to the music even when the volume is 0. Also, i've tested other sound emitting apps, such as games, youtube and the default music player, but there is no vibration with these.

So the problem seems to be with spotify. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

[Begin Quote]

"Solved, answering to myself. I had GS3's auto haptic feature set on. Spotify was not enabled on the sw lousy, but this still affected to Spotify. Might be something that you guys at spotify need to check out.."

[End Quote]

So there is a setting that you can switch off to stop it from doing so.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Yep. There is indeed a setting in "Settings > Sound > Auto Haptic". spotify by default is set as using the auto haptic feature and unchecking it stops the vibration. Woop.

Thankyou! Smiley Wink

Marked as solution

Your most welcome 🙂

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Marked as solution

Also, you can re-enable auto haptic after disabling it. Vibration won't return (not sure yet about after restart of spotify, haven't tried that)

16 Replies

This was raised yesterday and solved. I'm on mobile so can't search easily but you should be able to find the other thread in this forum
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have the same issue. Galaxy S3, premium account with spotify and phone haptic feedback vibrates to music. How do I stop it for the spotify app?

Marked as solution

[Begin Quote]

"Solved, answering to myself. I had GS3's auto haptic feature set on. Spotify was not enabled on the sw lousy, but this still affected to Spotify. Might be something that you guys at spotify need to check out.."

[End Quote]

So there is a setting that you can switch off to stop it from doing so.

Marked as solution

Yep. There is indeed a setting in "Settings > Sound > Auto Haptic". spotify by default is set as using the auto haptic feature and unchecking it stops the vibration. Woop.

Thankyou! Smiley Wink

Marked as solution

Your most welcome 🙂

Marked as solution

Also, you can re-enable auto haptic after disabling it. Vibration won't return (not sure yet about after restart of spotify, haven't tried that)

I noticed this last night when I was using my S3. Spotify wasn't ticked in my Auto-Haptic, but ticking it and saving it then going back in and unticking it seemed to do the trick. Thankfully this was the first result I got when I googled the problem!

It's great that the community can provide help and solutions to issues 🙂

The auto Haptic setting is the in same Tmobile S3. however i when in setting>sound and unchecked the Haptic feedback and the Haptic feedback in Vibration intensity but this did not solve this problem for me. Am I suppose to do something in Spotify to stop the vibrating?

I have a T-Mobile GS3 and the 'Auto-Haptic' option isn't available. Additionally, turning Haptic off completely doesn't fix this. Anyone know of a way to resolve this?

Spotify, do you know of any ways to resolve the matter? Would it be possible to include Haptic control in the software?

I have all haptic setting turned off on my SGS3.  Spotify still vibrates.   Not bad if just running around, but when phone is on nightstand, it tends to be an issue.  Any help would be appreciated!

Well guys I've tried what was suggested, going to settings>sound> and then disabling the hectic vibration but the problem persists. I have checked it and unchecked it but it continues. This is getting very annoying! SPOTIFY HELP

I as well am having this issue on my verizon galaxy s3. Sooooo annoying.

go to google store and download auto haptic feedback

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.immersion.android.autohaptic

WHY I have to change my phone setting?
It is problem of the Spotify program, so I expect the Spotify will resolve this.
If not, I stop my payment.

If it only happens on your phone, it could be a long wait. I seem to recall that you could turn off auto haptic for specific apps by touching the text to open a list of third party apps.

Suggested posts