Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Galaxy s3

Samsung Galaxy s3

Does Spotify work well with the galaxy s3, I have a iPhone 5 and I'm not sure whether spotify works best on my phone or the galaxy s3 ?! Please help any feedback would be awesome
8 Replies

@Jaysilva wrote:
Does Spotify work well with the galaxy s3, I have a iPhone 5 and I'm not sure whether spotify works best on my phone or the galaxy s3 ?! Please help any feedback would be awesome

I don't have an S3, but I have an S2 and Spotify works well except:

1. No landscape mode
  2. No re-ordering tracks in a playlist
  3. Can't search for playlists

Other than that, it's fine ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the fast feedback man but would you try a iPhone 5 for a Galaxy s3 ? I would consider giving up my iPhone 5 but I wanted to know if the Galaxy s3 works well with the Netflix app and Spotify app

@Jaysilva wrote:
Thanks for the fast feedback man but would you try a iPhone 5 for a Galaxy s3 ? I would consider giving up my iPhone 5 but I wanted to know if the Galaxy s3 works well with the Netflix app and Spotify app

The Netflix Android app could do with some improvement, however I would always choose Android over iOS.

Oh that's good my biggest concern was how the spotify app works and how it compares to the iPhone since I honestly wasn't sure if galaxy s3 supported it or not lol

@Jaysilva wrote:
Oh that's good my biggest concern was how the spotify app works and how it compares to the iPhone since I honestly wasn't sure if galaxy s3 supported it or not lol

I can assure you that Spotify works well on Android ๐Ÿ˜‰

I had a galaxy s3 (lost it a week ago) with the premium Spotify mobile app for about 2 months. But I'll tell you from my memory. From my use, I was generally happy with the interface.

I've heard that on the iPhone 4 and 5s there's a few additional perks, like the changing of song order included. 

The Android based app, has a few flaws. But it works smoothly for the most part. A feature I really like is that in the mobile app, if you go to setting > audio effects, you can change the EQ and change the BASS BOOST and 3D EFFECT sliders to improve your listening experience, also it comes set with a bunch of EQ presets like rock, hip-hop, dance, jazz, etc.

In my opinion, since the GS3 is so big, sometimes some buttons can kind of be hard to get too. 

For example the search button is on the tippy top of the left corner of the screen. The play button is at the very bottom center of the screen. 

One thing I did like however, when you install the app, you also get a widget accessible through your widget drawer. There you can drag and drop to one of your home pages and control the music w/o entering the app itself.

Oh yeah, one thing tho. Every now and then, when I'm connected to WiFi, I notice that Spotify will not recognize my connection. So after a few song plays, if I try and search something, it will say No connection available or something like that. So you gotta pull down your menu and double click the WiFi button. Other than that, no problems, it works well. Playlists are quick to download.

One additional thing I really like, in the setting menu you have an option of the quality of STREAM and the quality of SYNC/DOWNLOAD and this ranges from Low, Medium to High and if I remember correctly, Extreme as well. So whether you are on 4G or WiFi, you can control how much data you may use up.

Lastly, when you search an artist via search bar, you will be given that artist or similar spelled artist and a bunch of songs that closely match. For example, lets say I typed in Deadmau5 inot the search bar. What you will see are his 5 top tracks, after that you will see all the albums he's released. Those are your only 2 options on the way you want to browse. So that's one thing I didn't like, whereas, in the desktop app, you could see a full detail view of all the songs and pick whatever you like. In the mobile app, you have to go in and out of albums, to find the song you want. CAN GET ANNOYING IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE RIGHT ALBUM FOR A SONG.

Thank you for your feedback man that was helpful it gave me insight on the performance of the app I honestly didn't know would you consider the iPhone 5 over the Galaxy S3 or visa versa?

As far as usability and control, iPhone is simple. Android is for those people who loves customization and effeciency

Suggested posts