Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Gear Fit 2 - any major updates to the app in the near future?

Samsung Gear Fit 2 - any major updates to the app in the near future?

Premium Spotify user for several years, now struggling for nearly a year with Samsung Gear Fit 2, which I have bought exclusively because of offline Spotify.

During this year, I didn't have a SINGLE uneventful playlist update. Every time I happen to update my humble gym playlist, it freezes the app completely, and I have to reinstall the watch app and re-download the whole playlist (and sometimes several times, because for some reason or other some songs don't download, or sometimes few songs play well, and then there's a freeze, or some other lovely bug pops up). Shuffle play still means "choose random song to start the playlist with, and then continue without any shuffle". I cannot scroll past 10-15-20 songs (I don't know, it's really random) to listen to what I actually want to listen to. 

I know several other users of Gear watches in real life, and their experience is the same. Furthermore, Spotify app rating on the Gear platform speaks for itself. 

"This is all still very new, the bugs will be ironed out", I thought, and I waited, and I waited. Now, on 16 Jan 2019, I would like to know, is there a major update coming any time soon, or should I just save what's left from my nerves and ditch the whole thing.

PS: Please don't tell me to turn the thing off and on again, or to reinstall the app -- doing it at least once a week anyway.

0 Replies

Suggested posts