Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung Multiroom music stops playing

Samsung Multiroom music stops playing

Hi. 

Using a Samsung multiroom M7 and Samsung tab s with spotify.after playing 5 to 10 minutes spotify stops playing. I have to Press the play button again and the reconnect to the multiroom. It happens a Lot of - Times. The internet connection is stable with 50 MBit. 

The multiroom is fixed in wlan channel 13 and dies not change. I have installed a repeater in the WiFi. And it seems that there can be the Problem. But what can I Do? (Using fritzbox 7490 and an avm repeater) 

Thanks 

Chris 

9 Replies

On your Samsung Tab disable the power saving feature in Android power settings. This is a common cause of disconnects with Samsung devices

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel,

the power saving feature is disabled ...

Is there a log file or anything to debug and find the reason why spotify stops playing? Using the Samsung Multiroom App for playing Tunein Radion does not produce these problems ...

Hi,

the problem still exists. Since a couple of days Spotify is unusable for me. I can't use my Multiroom speakers with Spotify. What I need is to find out why Spotify disconnects. Any Idea? 

Regards

Chris

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Hi,

I tried a lot. I reinstalled on different devices (Galaxy TAB S / Android 5.x, Galaxy S7/ Android 6.x, Sony M4 Aqua). The most current Firmware is on the Samsung Multirroom. The problem occurs on different Multiroom M7 (I have two of them, one is in my daughters room and it happens there too). Spotify stops playing on the devices after a couple of minutes. I rebooted the devices and everything which I can do. Is there a way to see WHY Spotify stops playing? (In the GUI it changed from the square to the triangle ... it happens on all devices). After pressing PLAY again it plays on the local phone or table and I need to connect to the Multiroom again.

Many thanks for a hint or help

Chris

Using deezer does not have any problems. It plays the whole day without one disconnect. When turning to Spotify after 2minutes there is a disconnection. I canceled my Spotify. It wont work anymore and then there is no serious support.

I have EXACTLY the same problem with Spotify and the M7. Started about 3 months ago after running faultlessly for 6 months. No problem with TuneIn Radio or Pandora. Sometimes Spotify will autonomously mute itself (running on a Samsung Galaxy Tab) but more often the music just stops playing after 5 to 10 mins. The M7 will also disappear from the devices selection list when this happens. I can usually restore it by selecting TuneIn Radio and then reselecting Spotify as the music source but not always. It happens regardless of wireless or wired connection to the home network. I have tried all the advice I can glean from net sites like this one. Nothing has worked to date. I think this is a problem with the M7 / Multiroom App and its interfacing to spotify and while I can't prove this, I think it started after a firmware upgrade to the M7. I am going to contact Samsung in Australia to see what they say now that I have pretty much eliminated every other possible component in the network. Spotify plays perfectly to other speakers / devices.

Any luck getting a fix for this issue?

Pretty irritating!

Thanks, Owen

The problem is resolved for me. I think a new version of the spotify app probably did the trick. Not sure though as i didn't use the app for quite a few months after the problem surfaced and when i restarted to use spotify the problem had disappeared. Sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

Suggested posts