Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Samsung S10 and galaxy buds. Touchpads not working

Samsung S10 and galaxy buds. Touchpads not working

Just recd s10 plus and galaxy buds.  For some reason the touchpads won't change track, pause, etc.  Work fine In other music apps.  

Anyone else have this problem and a possible fix ?

20 Replies

What I have found is that if I open Spotify then manually hit play/pause, the buds work. Spotify is the only app that seems to behave this way as Play Music works normally. I also occasionally get Spotify crashing when using them. Don't have this problem with my Jabra Elite Active 65t .

Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Android 9) with Galaxy Buds (SM-R170)

Exactly the same problem and symptoms. 

I've had the same problem all other apps work but not Spotify randomly pauses and galaxy buds won't change song etc 

Samsung galaxy S10+ 

Cant not use skip feature when connected via bluetooth to the car. Once phone locks Spotify keeps stopping even if the songs have been downloaded

So it's probably an s10 problem not galaxy buds?

Currently, you can use touchpads function on Galaxy Buds on Spotify as steps below:

1. Turn on Spotify - play any song

2. Launch Samsung music - play any song and used all function touchpads with Galaxy Buds. ( Spotify stopped)

3. Play the song on Spotify again

4. Try again touchpads function 

Have fun ! 🙂

The problem is Spotify . Since their latest update there is problem with change tracks

on Bluetooth devices, cars, headsets etc.

I have S9 with the same problem. 

Can't change, pause tracks on my headset or in my car.

Other music apps work fine just not spotify in the car

I have had the exact same problem. I found out it was because I had set my spotify app to go to sleep when "not in use". This is why it worked only for a few seconds after I manually pressed play/pause. Go into your phone's settings. Go to Device care and tap on the battery settings. From there find the Spotify app among all your other apps and once you tap on it you will get some information about battery usage. The very last item should say "Put app to sleep". You want to make sure this is off. Hope this helps, it worked for me. 

I will try this and see if it works, thank you!

This worked for me thank you so much!

I think this has sorted it for me as well! Thank you

It worked! Thank you!!

Experienced the exact same symptoms, but it was with my car audio system's Bluetooth instead.

I went to toggle around with the settings allowing apps to run in background after I noticed that some widgets stopped working after I disabled them from running in background. Realised that Spotify was disabled as well, and after enabling it, I seemed to have fixed the problem! So hopefully this will solve your issue as well 🙂 steps listed below.

Settings > Device Care > Battery > Settings (top right corner) > Sleeping Apps. From there, just remove Spotify and any other widgets which seem to be malfunctioning.

I have the same issue 

Try this

found out it was because I had set my spotify app to go to sleep when "not in use". This is why it worked only for a few seconds after I manually pressed play/pause. Go into your phone's settings. Go to Device care and tap on the battery settings. From there find the Spotify app among all your other apps and once you tap on it you will get some information about battery usage. The very last item should say "Put app to sleep". You want to make sure this is off. Hope this helps, it worked for me. 

Exact same problem.

None of the posted solutions work. 

I believe it's Spotify.

The latest app update seems to have resolved the issue. Everything is
working as expected for me now.

Same issue here

Suggested posts